"The Fjällen.... a place to fall in love with!" Norrbottens Län by sim1
Norrbottens Län Travel Guide: 668 reviews and 1,447 photos
Somehow my travels bring me every year up north to do some hiking. And with every visit the longing to return here for another wonderful hike gets stronger and stronger. So far I have made 4 hiking trips in the area and without a doubt there will be many more in the future.
My first hiking trip was in July 2005 where I was so lucky to be here for 2 wonderful weeks. Starting point was Abisko National Park and from there south along the Kungsleden, making a little circle over Unna Allakas which brought me back to Abisko again.
And one time wasn't enough, in 2006 I hiked for two weeks in beautiful Padjelanta National Park.
In 2008 I hiked part of the Kungsleden between Kvikkjokk and Saltoluokta.
And my latest trip was in July 2009 where I hiked from Nikkaluokta, Kebnekaise and continued towards the south on the Kungsleden to Vakkotavare. Yes, you can definately say I am hooked to this area!! I absolutely love being here and new plans are already in the making for 2010!
I've devided up my page in several chapters:
■ Things to do: An overview of the places I visited during my hikes. It's an overview and you can read much more about the different stages of the hike on the pages mentioned below the tip.
■ Accommodations: A description of places I stayed at, describing the place and the feeling I had about it. Fun to read for those who want to get the feeling of this area and also for ones to plan a future trip here.
■ Nightlife: Where and when to see the midnight sun.
■ Warnings: The horrible experience of freeze-dried food.
■ Transportation: The easiest way to get to the Northern part of Sweden, where to start your hike and how to get there. During your hike the problems regarding water crossing, boat times, prices and bridges.
■ Local Customs: What is life really like here in the Fjällen??? This is what I want to show you here in these tips: A bit of truth with a wink and a smile about life in the Fjällen….
■ Packing List: A short intro of what to bring during a long hike.
■ Sport tips: More information about the famous hiking trail "The Kungsleden" and a some tips about planning hiking distances.
■ General tips: Some practical information about this area and also an explanation what "The Right of Public Access" is.
I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))
All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke),
unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.
Of course you can always stay at the Mountain Station at Kebnekaise. You can either camp here or rent a room. At the... more travel advice
When you hike the Padjelanta trail you will need to take a boat to the start and at the end a boat crossing. The boat... more travel advice
sim1's Related Pages
Norrbottens Län Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Fjällen.... a place to fall in love with!"
- "Wild Sweden at its best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norrbottens Län
- Hotels in Norrbottens Län
- Transportation in Norrbottens Län
- Nightlife in Norrbottens Län
- Restaurants in Norrbottens Län
- Shopping in Norrbottens Län
- Warnings and Dangers in Norrbottens Län
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norrbottens Län
- 249 Reviews
- 462 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Norrbottens Län?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norrbottens Län
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
- Wrote a Review Forum questions regarding hiking from Abisko in Norrbottens Län Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "At the bridge over the Laddjujohka"
- updated a Norrbottens Län Travel Page "The Fjällen.... a place to fall in love with!"
- Commented on one of Gili_S's Norrbottens Län travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos