"Milos, a wonderful island of the Cyclades" Top 5 Page for this destination Milos Island by sim1

Milos Island Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 605 photos

- UNDER CONSTRUCTION -

Milos is a lovely island located in the western corner of the Cyclades of Greece. I would like to give you an impression of the island of Milos during early May, a time of year when it is still very quiet here and not all places are open yet. The skies are blue though, the weather lovely and warm, the only difference is that the tourists haven't arrived yet. A perfect season in my opnion.

I can only imagine how different the island must be during peak season, when the beaches are filled with people and the tranquillity most likely gone; at least for those popular beaches. So read this page as it is; as an off season visit to Milos. The tips apply to early May, but these might be totally different for the summer season. Maybe you will get inspired by my page and visit Milos during this early season as well, as it has a clear charm of its own. A charm that won my heart and I will certainly visit the Cyclades again, and like during this visit, I would like to visit again early in the season.

Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Milos Island: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 25, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Looks like another gorgeous Greek Island to put on the list to visit!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 4:42 AM

You certainly made the most of your time here - great tips so far! (all my pages are unfinished too - there's always something else to write ;))

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2008 at 7:40 AM

A most wonderful page on a lesser known Greek island. Will you finish the tips????? (I would like to read more.)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 10:04 AM

excellent photography of great architecture in white and blue and such lovely church-interiors like in the Agia Triada.... I guess I should return to Greece again and explore more of it, while you go to Belem ;-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Nice to read your page about Milos Island after coming back from Greece this Sunday! I'll return here when you finish announced tips... Thanks Simone for the great start!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2007 at 6:31 AM

GORGEOUS !!!!! Ahh, more, more more :-))))) juchu :-) progress :-) more more more :-) - juchhu - more progress already :-)) more more please :-))

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 4:05 AM

already I'm yearning for my Greek tip next May, lovely Simone sunsets spotted :-) Sunday hugs from a bright UK

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 3:33 PM

You had snow in Greece?! ;)

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Milos Island

Have you been to Milos Island?

Latest Activity in Milos Island