"Beautiful Sweden!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden by sim1

Sweden Travel Guide: 12,759 reviews and 39,857 photos

I am continuously working on this page as I visit new places in Sweden every day. So I hope you will enjoy the tips I've written so far! And maybe you like to come back to this page as well, to have a look at all the new tips that I've added over time.

Let me start this page with an index what you can find where:

- Things to do : Tips about places I've visited over the last years.

- Restaurant tips: An overview of some typical Swedish dishes.

- Accommodations: A 'different' overview of accommodations in Sweden. This is my top 10 of odd locations to stay at and the top 10 of dream locations.

- Off the beaten path: An overview of all the castles in Sweden I've visited so far

- Local customs: Some of the local customs I noticed while living in Sweden. Besides that a little bit about Swedish holidays and in the future a bit about the 'Right of Public Access'.

- Packing list: What's the weather like in Sweden

- General tips: A section with lots of general info about Sweden. Here you can read all about the National Parks of Sweden, the Swedish UNESCO heritage sites and last but not least an overview of Sweden in Regions.

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))

Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as
separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke),
unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Intro Updated Oct 16, 2005

• cal6060's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Wonderful Sweden pages! Enjoy reading them!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Juchhu, new VT makes your page even more fantastic :-)) With all the photos and the texts, much more enjoyable :-) Haha, Polkagris looks more yummm now. I miss the snow :-) I get homesick and long for ... snow, lol!

• grahaminchester's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM

really love your pages, I must make a special effort to visit your lovely country in the near future. Keep up the great detail - thanks

• Paris92's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Your pages are so incredible! Big congratulations on your Barney nomination!

• freds07's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Happy Birthday!! Beautiful pictures!! Iwish i was there. Like a dream Beautful land . Your pages so interesting too.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I'll come back to this page with more time, i think I'm going to Sweden in August

• Jun 29, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for all the info! Will be visiting Norway and Sweden in August. Your info should be helpful.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Stopped yet again for a lovely out in the beautiful countryside photo while driving in Bulgaria the other day to notice a Swedish flag blowing in the breeze in the distance!Beautiful Sweden! but maybe even more beautiful Bulgaria Ive discovered!

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Thanks Simona. Great page! The best given way for country info. You will make it a pleasure to organize my driving trip at Sweden :-)

• jethanand's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2008 at 6:11 AM

Simone, I have said it before, but it bears repeating, you take wonderful pictures, awesome, I enjoyed visiting your pages, have started with Sweden !

sim1 Lives Here!