Province of Ontario Restaurant Tips by sim1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Province of Ontario Restaurants: 21 reviews and 26 photos
Outback Steakhouse, Niagara Falls
A restaurant we really enjoyed is the Outback Steakhouse. This is a chain of restaurants, located mainly in the USA, but also in Canada. I went to the one in Niagara Falls. The restaurant was conveniently located next to our hotel, so a good choice for us. But I would make the detour to go here as well.
It has as a theme the rustic Australian Outback. I liked it so much because of course of its good quality food, reasonable prices, but also its relaxed atmosphere and great service. It can be busy here though, so you might have to wait for a while before you table is ready. We had to wait for a while, but I didn't mind. We sat at the bar for a little while, nice and cosy, ordered a beer and a nice drink, relaxed, and before we knew it our table was ready. It was actually a great to start off with and enjoy our pre-dinner drink :-)
You can order anything from seasoned steaks, prime rib, chops, ribs, chicken, seafood and pasta. But remember not to order too much side-dishes. The main menu is already so much food that you probably won't be able to eat it all otherwise.
Comparison: about average
Boston Pizza is a chain restaurant in Canada, and the name already tells you that they serve pizzas! But not only that, you can also order pasta, salads, ribs, sandwiches and appetizers. They have too much to mention, and too much on the menu list to decide quickly what you would like to eat. The one I want to was in Niagara Falls. Hahaha, it took me some time staring at that list though before I could make my mind up what to order :-)) The food is okay, the service was a little bit slack. But it is a nice place to have lunch or a quick dinner anyway.
Directions: They have lots of locations all over Ontario.
Tim Hortons, Stayner, Ontario
Fresh made sandwiches and a good cup of coffee! Although... good coffee???... a cup of 'real Canadian' coffee is maybe a better description, LOL Canadians don't drink their coffee very strong, so be prepared for that when ordering a coffee.
'Tim Hortons' is a 'name' in Ontario. Lot of people always start the day with a stop at the Tim Hortons on their way to work to pick up a coffee and a doughnut. Is the food so special.... mmmmm, maybe not. Hahaha, but it is a great place to stop on your travels and you are craving for a fresh made sandwich, a dougnut or a bowl of soup. It's quick, it's filling and it's everywhere you go. We only have the McDonalds in my former homecountry.... argggghh, I wish they had the Tim Hortons! It is great to be able to buy fresh made sandwiches while you are travelling, and not only have one option : hamburgers and fries
Favorite Dish: Hot tea, medium, double sugar, bag out. With a Turkey Breast Sandwhich on white bread with no sauce :-)
Directions: At the trafficlights at the intersection of Hwy 26 & Airport Road
More Reviews (86)
- See All Toronto: Kensington Market
- See All Tax rebates
- See All Ontario... continued....
- See All Skating in downtown Toronto
- See All Radisson hotel, Niagara Falls
- See All Protecting against mosquitos
- See All Long lonely roads
- See All Parking :-((((
- See All Salt and sand for the roads
- Nightlife can be boring...
- See All Online diary December 2001
Been to Province of Ontario?Share your travels with the world!
sim1's Related Pages
Province of Ontario Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Driving west through the wilds"
- "Discovering Ontario"
- "Ontario, huge metropolis and unspoiled scenery"
- "Ontario, Yours to Discover"
- "Faiza`s & Ifrah`s Ontario, district by district"
- "Ontario - land of contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Ontario
- Hotels in Province of Ontario
- Transportation in Province of Ontario
- Nightlife in Province of Ontario
- Restaurants in Province of Ontario
- Shopping in Province of Ontario
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Ontario
- See All...
Explore the World
- Benaulim Hotels
- Santiago de Compostela Hotels
- Culebra Hotels
- Saint Moritz Hotels
Badges & Stats in Province of Ontario
- 572 Reviews
- 586 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Province of Ontario?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Ontario
- Posted in Travel Sweden Forum "Re: Camping in Sweden II"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Parry Sound, the 30,000 islands region"
- updated a Province of Ontario Travel Page "Discovering Ontario"
- Wrote a Review Toronto: Kensington Market in Province of Ontario Things to Do
- Commented on one of Bernd_L's Province of Ontario travel pages
Photos in Province of OntarioSee All Photos (586)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 138 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos
Top Province of Ontario hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- 1437 Reviews - 3574 Photos
- Ottawa Hotels
- 1801 Reviews - 4417 Photos
- Windsor Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 962 Photos
- Collingwood Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Kingston Hotels
- 182 Reviews - 384 Photos
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
- 127 Reviews - 286 Photos
- Brantford Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Mississauga Hotels
- 90 Reviews - 267 Photos
- Thunder Bay Hotels
- 187 Reviews - 329 Photos
- Stittsville Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Algonquin Provincial Park Hotels
- 282 Reviews - 388 Photos
- Burlington Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Kitchener Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Guelph Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 81 Photos