"Travelling around Holland" Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands by sim1

Netherlands Travel Guide: 32,765 reviews and 87,767 photos

I've lived almost all my life in the Netherlands. I was born in the Province of Groningen and after that moved to the eastern part of Holland to a little village called Oldenzaal. In 2002 I moved abroad, first to Canada, and in 2003 to beautiful Sweden. But having moved away doesn't mean I don't go back! My latest trip to The Netherlands was in August 2005, the second trip 'home' for this year. And hopefully there will be lots more to come! I still have a lot of good memories of Holland and my travels around the country and I want to share a few of them with you on this page.

In this page I want to give you an overview of The Netherlands, some great places to visit, typical Dutch images but also a description of the local customs and how they celebrate the holidays. I hope you will enjoy reading this page!

• Last visit to Netherlands: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2008

• nomad7890's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Your Holland page is perfect! I was looking for an overview of a few sites I could visit, and this is it! Thank you for being so concise, yet providing such a wonderful survey or Holland! -All the best, Martha

• ardnas67's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2008 at 1:13 AM

prachtige ode aan Nederland Simone! Kwam via je Parijs-site hier terecht. Prachtige foto's maak je zeg! groetjes Sandra

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Thanks for great photos

• vigi's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Love the cheese pics, looks REALLY delicious!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Awesome page on the Netherlands Simone. Hans and I must take a boat trip to see the wonderful windmills of Kinderkijk. Enjoyed the section "Typical Dutch Images" .

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 1:30 PM

I'll have to return to your site for a complete picture of the Netherlands, but what I saw on your pages was great! Have a Merry Christmas. Regards from Texas...

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 12:47 AM

What a great overview page on Holland :-)) Hihi, I like your local customs and restaurant tips as well :-) And I also remember many many frikandels from the windows in the walls. But :-) hihi, you did forget vla - such a yummie food :-))

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 11:22 PM

Fantastic pages here Simone... you brought back many good childhood memories for me especially with the food and customs tips... thanks you so much for sharing :~)

• Aleyd's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2005 at 7:14 PM

Hi Simone, Am really enjoying your pages on The Netherlands. Aleyd :-)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 5:44 AM

Very good local customs tips!

sim1 Used To Live Here!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Netherlands

Have you been to Netherlands?

Latest Activity in Netherlands