"Fulufjället National Park" Fulufjället National Park by sim1
Fulufjället National Park Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 8 photos
Fulufjället National Park is a beautiful place! I had a great day hiking here and I would love to go back to make a longer trip through the park. It is actually a very 'new' National Park in Sweden, it got its status only last year in the spring of 2002. But wow, it deserves it!
Fulufjället National Park is one of the few areas in Southern Sweden that has been unspoilt by exploitation. Fulufjäll is not a typical mountain range, but actually a plateau, 35 km long and 15 km wide plateau at a height of 1,000 m. The plateau is surrounded by steep slopes and narrow ravines. The Njupeskär waterfall is in the north east of the park and it was in this part of the park that I hiked.
You'll be amazed how calm it is though, once you get away from the waterfall. It is so quiet, so tranquil. To me it was just amazing. I had only one day to hike here, but I could easily have stayed much longer. And I know I will be back here to do a longer hiking trip, and discover this gorgeous area for several days.
If you want more info about the park you can take a look at the parks website : Fulufjället National Park
I love the national Parks in Sweden and it is a dream of Åke and me to have visited all of them at some day. It won't be easy as not all of them are so easy to reach, but we want to give it a try anyway :-) Here is a list of all National Parks in Sweden. The links are clickable so you can surf to all my National Park pages.
□ Blå Jungfrun
□ Dalby Söderskog
■ Gotska Sandön
□ Haparanda Skärgård
□ Norra Kvill
■ Stora Sjöfallet
□ Store Mosse
Fulufjället National Park is 20 km west of Särna in north-western county of Dalarna.
How to get to the park:
By car go west from Särna. Sign from the village Mörkret. Large parking area.
Size of the park: 385 km2
This is a detailed map of the National Park (from the parks website). On the map you can see the hiking trails, roads how to get to the park, the places where you can stay overnight, etc.
Interesting points :
* Waterfall Njupeskär, the highest waterfall in Sweden
* Bare mountain heights covered in "reindeer moss"
* Naturrum: the museum at entrance of park
- Pros:Unspoiled nature
- Cons:around the highest waterfall it's very crowded
- In a nutshell:Beautiful, explore the park, not only see the famous waterfall
sim1's Related Pages
Fulufjället National Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Fulufjället National Park
- Hotels in Fulufjället National Park
- Transportation in Fulufjället National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fulufjället National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Fulufjället National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fulufjället National Park
Photos in Fulufjället National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos