"Picturesque Gullholmen" Gullholmen by sim1
Gullholmen Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 105 photos
Gullholmen is one of 'the' West Coast destinations to visit. And that is noticeable as it is quite touristy. But the village is so picturesque that it is absolutely worth to go here. The main tourist area is the centre of the village, but if you wander around you'll get to those lovely little streets and corners that have so much atmosphere. I thought this was the best part of the place, just to get 'lost' and dream of living in one of those cosy, cute and colourful houses. You can't really get lost here though, as the place is quite small. Hahaha, you'll always get somewhere to a dead-end as the street will stop when reaching the sea. And without problems on your return you will get back to the main road that brings you back to the village centre.
Ferries go from and to the island several times a day, so it is no problem what so ever to reach the island. You have to leave your car behind though as the ferry only takes foot passengers. But on a small island like this, a car is more bother than it would be comfort :-)
sim1's Related Pages
Gullholmen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful and beautiful Gullholmen island"
- "The most pretty and peaceful place on earth"
- "Picturesque Gullholmen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gullholmen
- Hotels in Gullholmen
- Transportation in Gullholmen
- Restaurants in Gullholmen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gullholmen
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Gullholmen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gullholmen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos