"A Swedish Christmas at Taxinge Slott" Hedlandet by sim1

Hedlandet Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 63 photos

The Swedish Christmas traditions are so unlike the typical Christmas that I expected : It's a day early, there is fish instead of turkey on the dinner table and a Jultomte (Christmas gnome) instead of a Santa (like in the Coca-Cola advertising saying HoHoHo) is bringing the presents. So as you can see this was quite a culture shock for me ;-))

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated. Please do not use any of them without permission.

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))

• Last visit to Hedlandet: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2003

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Juchhu, now Christmas can start :-))) I mean the season and the days :-))

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Jingle bells, jingle bells :) 'Tis the time and I am now in the best ever Christmas mood :-) Miss spettekaka, snaps & sill, glögg glögg, pepperkakor and jultomte and his tomtina :-) But... my julbock is sitting here and waits for the days :-) Ohhhh.. and I miss the cakes!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM

this was the page i was looking for..uffff... Pepparkakor but without the proper name for the cookies I would have never found it...:-(..btw the link dont work for the recipe.. ursula

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 11:31 AM

What a glorious Christmas page! I'd love to be in Sweden to see it all for myself. Thank you for the virtual visit!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Never to early to enjoy this page and Christmas is right around the corner. Please do come with Ingrid to Muenster!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Tis the Season = How I love Christmas with candles & light!!

• JuraidahJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 11:25 PM

Hi Simone, it sure sound like much more fun christmas in Sweden than in Singapore. here is its celebrated very commercially. Every Singaporean (in regardless of relgion) celebrate all festive seasons. Thanks for sharing.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 7:37 AM

It's a sunny October day and your pages got me into a Christmas mood. From my pre-vegetarian days I remember the julskinka, it was very good.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 12:55 AM

Wonderful, Simone!!! I started today (and it reminded me to start looking for pictures for my new calendar!!!) - I will definitely return and read more as we are approaching Christmas! I hope you are doing well!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 6:04 AM

How interesting this page is anytime of the year. I had heard of many of these traditions but not which country it was associated with. What great traditions at Christmas.

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Hedlandet

Have you been to Hedlandet?