"Store Mosse National Park" Hillerstorp by sim1
Hillerstorp Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Store Mosse National Park - called the last wilderness of southern Sweden - is a 78,5 km2 large area of bog. The bog is of two types, peat moss or marsh. On the peat moss, heather, dwarf birch, clock heather and many different species of moss grow. In the marshland the water doesn’t just comes from rain from above as in the peat moss, it also get more nutritious streaming water from the surroundings. As a result of that, a rich flora has developed also with some species of rare orchids. The area is a important breeding place for different species of ducks, mallard, gulls and many other birds.
If you want more info about the park you can take a look at the parks website : Store Mosse National Park
I love the National Parks in Sweden and it is a dream of Åke and me to have visited all of them at some day. It won't be easy as not all of them are so easy to reach, but we want to give it a try anyway :-)
I haven't been to Store Mosse National Park yet, but it looks so beautiful, I really would love to go here. Here is a list of all National Parks in Sweden. The links are clickable so you can surf to all my National Park pages.
□ Blå Jungfrun
□ Dalby Söderskog
■ Gotska Sandön
□ Haparanda Skärgård
□ Norra Kvill
■ Stora Sjöfallet
□ Store Mosse
Just over 10 kilometres north-west of Värnamo in Gnosjö, Vaggeryd and Värnamo municipalities, Jönköping County
How to get to the park:
The national park is easy to reach from all directions. There are parking areas and scenic outlooks at Björnakullen and Lake Horssjön.
Size of the park: 78 km2
This is a detailed map of the National Park (from the parks website). On the map you can see the hiking trails, roads how to get to the park, the places where you can stay overnight, etc.
Interesting points :
* Extensive bogs
* The bird life of Lake Kävsjön
* cultivated landscape at Svanö and Lövö.
* The shifting sand dunes on the bog
* The view from Björnakullen hill and Kvarnberget mountain
sim1's Related Pages
Hillerstorp Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hillerstorp
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Hillerstorp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hillerstorp
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos