"Käringön" Käringön by sim1

Käringön Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 102 photos

This page is about a tiny little island and village on the West-Coast of Sweden. This island is not about things that you 'must-see', it is more a sort of 'must-be'. An island that is not about any highlights or must do's. It all boils down to the feeling you have when walking around on the island while enjoying some good food, the beautiful views and above all feeling relaxed. On this page you'll find a few tips, a bit of the islands history, and of course some personal impressions and images. I hope you will enjoy reading it and maybe even be convinced to take a detour and go here! I promise you won't regret it!

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Käringön: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2008

• Jan 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

My grandfather, August Harald Norling was born on Karingon. I have never been there, but hope to visit someday. The pictures are amazing. I never could visualize the island before. Thanks!!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Simone, fantastic little page with brilliant photos here. Happy new year and all the best for 2012.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I think that I would enjoy a day or two on this tranquil, picturesque island. The photos of flowers is beautiful- as are others, Well written tips, Simone. The restuarant food sounds wicked, and delicious

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Hello, Simone! Thanks for your wonderful story....

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I don't know, Simone, I kind of like the old gal - she reminds me of the Bafana! :) Ciao, Carol

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Nice pictures and good food: great ! Als je weet de liefde van een man ga van zijn ogen rechtstreeks naar zijn maag. Mooi gedaan Simone

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Sounds like a great meal, Simone and not one mention of cake! Looks like a lovely romantic getaway. Just goes to show you, there's more to life than cake and beer. lol

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Juchhu :-)) Thank you!!!! It looks a bit nicer in sunshine, but..... no one could have a better day than I :-)) Oh yes, and don't miss the last boat :-))

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Simone, Karingon is certainly a darling destination!. Peterson's Krog tips were wonderful and so enticing. The photos of the beautiful flowers delighted me. Your information was so well organized and helpful; only hope I can some day see it all.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Hi again Simone, lovely to see your lovely pics and tour thanks - I enjoyed lovely little villages on the east coast of Sweden in August - great seeing more of Sweden.

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Käringön

Have you been to Käringön?

Latest Activity in Käringön