"Hiking from Såmmarlappa to Tarraluoppalstugorna" Kartevarekåtorna by sim1

Kartevarekåtorna Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 14 photos

This page is about my hiking trip in Padjelanta National Park during the summer of 2006.

This is the fourth chapter about my hiking trip in Padjelanta National Park during the summer of 2006. Padjelanta is a National Park in the very north of Sweden and in this chapter I will write my story about the hike from Såmmarlappa to Tarraluoppalstugorna.

The other chapters about this trip are:
Kvikkjokk - Njunjes
Njunjes - Tarrekaise
Tarrekaise - Såmmarlappa
Såmmarlappa - Tarraluoppalstugorna
Tarraluoppalstugorna - Tuottar (Under construction)
Staloluokta (Under construction)
Staloluokta - Arasluokta (Under construction)
Arasluokta - Låddejåkkå (Under construction)
Låddejåkka towards Kisuris (Under construction)
Kisuris - Akka (Under construction)

You can read an overview of this whole trip on my Padjelanta page (Under construction)

I hope you will enjoy reading this page! Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))
Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Kartevarekåtorna: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 11, 2007

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Mhhh, amazing landscapes :-))) And more perfect tent spots :-)) I love the twinflower :-)))

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Stunning mountain images - and your journal style of capturing your hike brings your experiences to life for us all. Thank you for sharing it with us :)

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Great pics of Europe's last wilderness.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Can totally relate to your feelings about the wilderness though I admit I haven't got to the crying stage yet! Finally got up to your standard almost with walking (Berchtesgaden) and photography (Brugge). Cheers.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Great to read about your hiking in the stunning landscape but better you than me. I would collapse with such a backpack!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Another fine vivid hiking narrative. Nothing like a cup of hot soup on a tree stump on such a cold and drizzly day. . . I like that saying "There is no bad weather, there is only bad clothing". That is certainly true for cycling down here where I live.

• AmazingAdventures's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 1:30 AM

Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing your adventures in words and photos. :) Susan in Sydney

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Simone, it was great to be able to view and enjoy this next segment of your fanstastic hike! Totally awesome views, can't blame you for your reaction to seeing Padjelanta the first time! Great tip on the soup-in-thermos too.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Nice hike before bedtime for me, Simone. Thanks for a glimpse into a land I have to explore more one day. One more reason to move back to Munich. ;)

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 6:15 AM

love the waterfall pics - such blue skies there and your own map pic is lovely, cleverly put together This has been a great virtual hike detour from my studies..sigh switz seems a long way off at the moment

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Kartevarekåtorna

Have you been to Kartevarekåtorna?