Mariefred Packing List Tips by sim1
Mariefred What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Sunrise and Sunset in Mariefred
The daylight hours (hours between sunrise and sunset) vary a lot between the winter and summer months. People may expect to see the midnight sun during the summer, because they are in Scandinavia. But this is not true for Mariefred, because you are not far enough north in the country.
In December you will only have 6 hours to enjoy the day. The sun will get up around 8:30 in the morning but is already setting again before 3 o'clock in the afternoon and that doesn't leave you that much time to do some sightseeing.
In June it is a totally different world, and I love this time of year. Around the longest day (21 June) you will experience the long looooong days! There are 18,5 hours of daylight during those days, the day seems to last forever. The only disadvantage is when you are a light sleeper, as the night only last 5,5 hours.
Average hours of daylight:
More Reviews (20)
sim1's Related Pages
Mariefred Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque Mariefred"
- "Castle and cosyness"
- "Mariefred - Gripsholm"
- "Sweden's prettiest small town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mariefred
- Transportation in Mariefred
- Restaurants in Mariefred
- Shopping in Mariefred
- Warnings and Dangers in Mariefred
- See All...
Explore the World
- Isla Saona Hotels
- Juru Hotels
- Ko Samet
- Port Dickson
- Vernazza Hotels
- Porur Hotels
- Puerto Rico
Badges & Stats in Mariefred
- 21 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Mariefred?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mariefred
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Want to go on a trip with a steam train?"
- updated a Mariefred Travel Page "Picturesque Mariefred"
- Wrote a Review The church of Mariefred in Mariefred Things to Do
- Commented on one of Sjalen's Mariefred travel pages
Photos in MariefredSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos