"Picturesque Mariefred" Mariefred by sim1

Mariefred Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 244 photos

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it :-)

Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly
write my pages not only as separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Pros:Calm :-)
  • In a nutshell:Quiet Swedish small town, with a beautiful castle next door
  • Last visit to Mariefred: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 1, 2007

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Haha, fun to see the photos again :-) That movie was really made in Mariefred and Gripsholm. And the protagonist was working as chef in Gripsholms Värdshus :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I really enjoyed reading your tips and viewing the lovely photo's of this pretty little village. Thanks for sharing!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 1:52 AM

Wonderful page on a very picturesque town and beautiful castle I would like to visit. Thanks a million for sharing the next Swedish little pearl :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2007 at 3:10 AM

Oh - hurra :-))))) Hihi, I learned so much now reading about it after my visit hihi :-)) Ah, I love the old bakery :-) But but but... why is the latern in the tree ? lol :-) My choci is gone, I need to come back :-)))

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 12:54 PM

What a lovely town, the kind of place i like to visit. I loved the old fashioned phone booth :-) Nat

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 7:01 AM

So this is where Gripsholm Castle is! I only know of it because of the novel by Kurt Tucholsky (and the film). Nice to read about the train station and the town pump in your tips.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Wonderful page, Simone! I do hope, everything is fine with you!!! Happy New Year and happy travels!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 5:34 PM

I have the best meories of a stay in Mariefred - two days in a ittle lodge by the lake, perfect early summer weather, meadows of flowers, the pretty little village, great portrait gallery and the little theatre at Gripsholm - all just so lovely. leyle

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Nice look back at the past here Enjoyed your page!!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 12:07 PM

ah the short days and long nites in Sweden, has been quite an expirience for me. lovely page Sim, clear and superb pix. spotting the clock, cool!! tks for sharing

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Mariefred

Have you been to Mariefred?

Latest Activity in Mariefred