"Hiking Abiskojaure to Rádunjárga" Mesakjaure by sim1

Mesakjaure Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 17 photos

This page is going to be about my hike from Abiskojaure towards Rádunjárga. This is a part of my hiking trip in July 2005 in the Swedish Fjällen (mountain area).

The other chapters about this trip are:
Abisko (Under construction)
Abisko National Park (Under construction)
towards Rádunjárga
Alesjaure
Unna Allakas
back to Abiskojaure (Under construction)

You can read an overview of this whole trip on my Norrbottens Län

I hope you will enjoy reading this page! Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))
Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Mesakjaure: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 19, 2006

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Ah, I love these kinds of 5 star hotels!! And the fluffy woody willow :-))

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 6:09 AM

walking 21kms in 2 days and you feel lazy about that?.. yikes, it would kill me:-) Beautiful trails.. good tips on those mozzies as well. The Dancing Crane is now Copyright. Fabulous!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 3:31 PM

beautiful page, great hiking story and awesome pictures. You make me crazy to follow your trails again and again.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2005 at 12:25 PM

Wonderfully refreshing page I would love the plants & little streams but don't blame you for cheeting with the washing water!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2005 at 12:24 PM

Another one of your fabulous hiking pages, with brilliant photos.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 10:15 AM

I got chilly just looking at the stream photos. Great tips and pics. That little house looks better than some of the hotel rooms in which I have stayed.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2005 at 11:19 AM

Idyllic! Your descriptions are superior. Love the little "house" with only the fireplace & a bench! That one bridge without anything to hang on to seems quite frightening. You are a real "trooper", Simone!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 7:25 AM

great start, looking forward to the rest lovely scenery Simone :-))

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2005 at 2:09 PM

My second attempt at looking at this page was a real success - I loved to read your story and see the beautiful pictures right next to it! Beautiful! I would have DIED having to cross that bridge!!!

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2005 at 2:01 AM

as always, a great page! Looks like a lovely area and beautiful scenery :-)

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Mesakjaure

Have you been to Mesakjaure?