"Delicious cake and Industrial History combined" Norberg by sim1
Norberg Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
Norberg is a quiet little town, not so much to see and do, but still nice. So why write a tip about it? That is because it has one famous place in the centre of town and that is its pastry.shop: Elsa Andersons Konditori! The pastry-shop is housed in a beautiful,well-preserved 18th century building, which makes it look picturesque, but the most important thing is the cakes! Their speciality is the "Tangotårta”, but don't hesitate to try something else: it all tastes delicious :-) As this is such a popular place it can get busy here. But if you have some patience it is a perfect place to make a stop and enjoy a cup of coffee with delcious cake.
Norberg itself is quite old (from the 12th century) and it was Sweden's most important source of iron during the 14th century and onwards. There is a little bit left of the old Norberg and it is quite picturesque. So after your cake don't forget to walk towards the Norberg River to see the typical red-stained wooden houses that date back to the 17th and 18th century. The industrial past of Norberg is also still present in the area, one of which is the unique Polhem Wheel, a huge water-wheel, located only a few kilometres outside the town.
I shouldn't forget to mention "Själaglas" either, which is a small small glasswork shop that sells and makes typical handblown Swedish glass. Maybe not always so cheap, but very beautiful and perfect to take home as a gift.
Opening hours of the bakery:
Saturdays, Sundays and special holidays: 10.00-18.00
Week 26 unitl week 32 only weekdays :9.00-19.00
Midsommars Eve and New Years Eve: 10.00-14.00
Closed during Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years day.
sim1's Related Pages
Norberg Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Norberg
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Norberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norberg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 138 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos