"Örebro Castle and the Open Air Museum : Wadköping" Top 5 Page for this destination Örebro by sim1

Örebro Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 206 photos

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated. Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Örebro: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2007

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM

I wish I had read your page before we passed through Orebro and only saw the castle. Wadkoping looks so enchanting with the crooked houses and old workshops. Thanks for the wonderful virtual tour!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Excellent page with interesting tips and pics beyond any praises! Thanks Simone for sharing! I'm planning my trip to Germany through Scandinavia and Oerebro may happen on my way. The Castle is very picturesque. Wooden houses remind Russian small towns...

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2006 at 8:22 AM

Looks like a nice spot to visit :-) I could spend hours and hours and hours in Wadköping, maybe never leave and end up selling (and eating - loool) in the bakery :-) And Örebrö castle is beautiful (I like it more than the others)

• ian-uk's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 12:02 AM

I've only seen Orebro airport on a business trip to Karlskoga, will try to make time to see more next time. Great Tips. Ian

• BillB4515's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2004 at 7:17 AM

I was in Orebro for 3 months and never took the time to go to the Slott. The people I worked with said it was unimpressive and boring! Not from your description! I lived next to Wadkoping and visited the bakery there many a morning.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 4:54 AM

very exciting castle and museum. The old phone booth is real nostalgy tip. Own entrances for king and queen are very interesting but sad a bit if to think about their relations :-)

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2004 at 1:49 PM

I usually don't get too excited about castles, but the stories told about this castle are interesting. I wouldn't like to go to a feast there!

• salinhopt's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2004 at 12:59 AM

Such a great page Simone. I hope the bakery is open the day i visit Orebro! :) lolll The castle is fabulous and also the views and landscapes.

• F.Lade's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 3:39 PM

Wadkøping were new to me , looks interesting , good page.

• solo_mc's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2003 at 2:18 AM

an incredible place and a lovely page...

sim1