Padjelanta Nationalpark Transportation Tips by sim1
Padjelanta Nationalpark Transportation: 6 reviews and 8 photos
For the ones that don't have the time or energy to walk the whole Padjalantaleden, there is an alternative. There are helicopter flights on a daily basis that fly from Kvikkjokk to Staloluokta in the middle of Padjelanta National Park on the edge of the beautiful lake Virihaure. They even make a stop at Tarraluoppal if you wish.
The costs for a flight (2013) are, one-way:
Kvikkjokk - Staloluokta / Tarraluoppal:
1050:- SEK (Children under 12 years of age: 735:- SEK)
The maximum luggage is 20kg and for children under 12 it is 10kg. If this is not enough, you can arrange to take more with you in advance. Every additional kilo will cost you 20kr. Although do bare in mind that you have to cary those additional kilo's on your back as soon as you arrive.
You can read much more information and see the timetable of the helicopter service on the website of Articair.se. Unfortunately the website is only in Swedish, but the time table is rather clear, even without understanding any Swedish.
For me one of the absolute charms of Padjelanta is not only the amazing nature within the park, but also the fact that its location is so remote; far far away from the hectic modern society. The only 'real' way into the park is by foot, using a helicopter feels wrong somehow. But then again, who am I to judge? What I do know that the walk into the park is a part of the hike that I wouldn't have missed for the world, a hike that is beautiful in its own right! It takes more time and energy, but it feels so good to slowly leave the 'world' behind with every step you take, with every hours that goes by. And the reward is to finally take that step into Padjelanta and be hugged and surrounded by its beauty.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0971-210 40
Boat times from Kvikkjokk to the Padjelantaleden (2006):
09:30 (1/7 - 15/9)
13:30 (1/7 - 15/9)
17:30 (10/7 - 20/8)
Boat times from Padjelantaleden to Kvikkjokk (2006):
10:00 (1/7 - 15/9)
14:00 (1/7 - 15/9)
18:00 (10/7 - 20/8)
There is a sign at the waterside with the telephone number of the boatsman. The times are a bit flexible, it is only a small boat and a short tour, and the boatsman waits until everyone from the bus has arrived. So you don't need to worry right away if the bus has a slight delay.
The boat costs 100 SEK per person, one way.
In the photo I added a map of my hiking trip through the park, which is also the official route of the "Padjelantaleden / Padjalanta Hiking Trail". The total hike is about 160 kilometres long.
In the second photo you can see a detailed map of the National Park (from the parks website). On the map you can see the hiking trails, roads how to get to the park, the places where you can stay overnight, etc.
National Parks of Sweden
25 km northwest of Kvikkjokk, Jokkmokk county, northern part in Sweden.
How to get into the park:
There are two ways to get into the park:
1. by helicopter (I'll try to write a separate tip about that)
2. Hiking into the park (there are no roads in and leading to the park, so by foot is your only way to get here).
From the south from Kvikjokk: a .... km long walking trail to the park. The easiest way is to take the boat from Kvikkjokk to the hiking trail and from there on hike the rest of the way. There are huts at Nunjes (13 km), Tarrekaise (7 km) and Såmmarlappa (13 km). After Såmmarlappa it takes about 4 kilometres to reach the entrance of Padjelanta National Park.
From the north: From Ritsem in Stora Sjöfallets National park, take a boat over the lake Akkajaure and follow the trail to Kisuris. May take a day including the boattrip.
Size of the park: 1984 km2 (14 km2 of glaciers, 10 km2 of swamp, 313 km2 of lakes)
More Reviews (29)
sim1's Related Pages
Padjelanta Nationalpark Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Hotels in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Transportation in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Nightlife in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Warnings and Dangers in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- See All...
Explore the World
- South Mavora Lake Hotels
- Hlabisa Hotels
- Cape May Point Hotels
- Koubri Nabmanaguéma Hotels
- Nashua Transportation
- Goslar Transportation
- Maspalomas Transportation
- Tirana Transportation
- Sozopol Transportation
- Expressways / Toll Roads
- Nürnberg Transportation
- Quezon City Transportation
- Puerto Natales Transportation
- Yellowstone National Park Transportation
- Pisac Transportation
- Mandu Transportation
Badges & Stats in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- 34 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Padjelanta Nationalpark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Padjelanta Nationalpark
Photos in Padjelanta NationalparkSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos