Padjelanta Nationalpark Nightlife Tips by sim1
Padjelanta Nationalpark Nightlife: 1 reviews and 1 photos
View over Lake Virihaure
Nightlife? Which nightlife???
Hahaha. there is no night here in this region during the summer, as it is light here 24/7!
Padejelanta National Park is located above the polar circle and that means the sun won't really set here during the summer months. The best places and times to view the midnight sun are:
Mount Njulla, Abisko: 27/5 - 18/7
Kebnekaise top: 29/5 - 15/7
Lulep Kierkau, Saltoluokta: 2/6 - 12/7
Vallespiken, Kvikkjokk: 4/6 - 9/7
I didn't go myself to a mountain top to see the sun almost go down and up again. But I have been awake during midnight.... and yes, it is true. The sun never sets and it is always light here. There is no real difference between midnight and afternoon, it is just light, light, light. This is rather practical when hiking, as you never need to be afraid that you won't make it to your planned campground before the sun goes down. There is no real difference in hiking during the day or night, except that the sun isn't so strong and warm. The clear disadvantage is that sleeping might be a nightmare, as it never gets dark, which makes sleeping for some almost impossible.
This photo is a beautiful view over Lake Virihaure and was taken very late in the evening on the 27th of July. It is too late in the season to see the 'real' midnight sun, for that you need to be closer to the 21st of June, which is the longest day. The sun will set at the end of July as you can see in the photo, but it never seems to get 'really' dark as the sunset and sunrise are so close together in time.
Note: As light it is here during the summer, as dark it is here during the winter. During a certain time of winter the sun doesn't rise, it is just dark 24/7.
More Reviews (33)
sim1's Related Pages
Padjelanta Nationalpark Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Hotels in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Transportation in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Nightlife in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- Warnings and Dangers in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Padjelanta Nationalpark
- 34 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Padjelanta Nationalpark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Padjelanta Nationalpark
Photos in Padjelanta NationalparkSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos