"Pieljekaise National Park" Peljekaise Nationalpark by sim1
Peljekaise Nationalpark Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Huge, wild forest with mountain-birch are the characteristics of Pieljekaise National Park. The name means in Sámi language "the ear mountain" referring to the shape that the two mountain tops forms together.
The park is an important part for the reindeers of the Sámi-village "Semijaur-Njargs".
If you want more info about the park you can take a look at the parks website : Pieljekaise National Park
I love the national Parks in Sweden and it is a dream of Åke and me to have visited all of them at some day. It won't be easy as not all of them are so easy to reach, but we want to give it a try anyway :-)
I haven't been to Pieljekaise National Park yet, but it looks so beautiful, I can hardly wait to go here. Here is a list of all National Parks in Sweden. The links are clickable so you can surf to all my National Park pages.
□ Blå Jungfrun
□ Dalby Söderskog
■ Gotska Sandön
□ Haparanda Skärgård
□ Norra Kvill
■ Stora Sjöfallet
□ Store Mosse
6 km south of Jäkkvik, Arjeplog county, northern part of Sweden
How to get to the park:
Road 95 northwest from Arjeplog to Jäkkvik. Parking in Jäkkvik. Follow the trail 6 km south to the park.
Size of the park: 15,3 km2
This is a detailed map of the National Park (from the parks website). On the map you can see the hiking trails, roads how to get to the park, the places where you can stay overnight, etc.
Interesting points :
* View from Pieljekaise topp
* The mountain-birch forest.
sim1's Related Pages
Peljekaise Nationalpark Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peljekaise Nationalpark
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Peljekaise Nationalpark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peljekaise Nationalpark
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos