"Smögen" Smögen by sim1
Smögen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Smögen is located on the West Coast of Sweden and it is one of the liveliest "summer towns" of the area. The little cosy town is mainly known for its long wooden pier of around 600 metres which is fun to stroll along. The little wooden houses along the harbour, and the constant traffic of boats going in and out, are a joy to watch. But remember, you won't be alone here!
Smögen has become one of the most popular tourist destinations and it attracts quite a few visitors. So this 600 metres long pier is packed with people during the summer season. I visited at the end of the summer, a time when the village is much quieter as you can clearly see in the photos. The old wooden houses and fishing huts at the pier are now all filled with shops, shops and more shops, only to be interupted by the occasional restaurant. So clearly Smögen is the great if you like to do some browse through a shop or two. The main tourist area and at the same time the most picturesque are of Smögen is around the harbour.
I enjoyed my visit to Smögen, most likely because it was off season and the harbour area is quite picturesque. But to be honest, I like the less commercialized villages along the West Coast more, like the village of Gullholmen.
sim1's Related Pages
Smögen Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Smögen
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Smögen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Smögen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos