"Wonderful Stockholm" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm by sim1

Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,069 reviews and 10,012 photos

Stockholm a beautiful city!

Stockholm, wow, what a wonderful city! I don't live that far away from Stockholm, so visit on a regular basis. So please don't hesitate to come back to this page from time to time, there is probably something new on it for you to read.

During October 2013 I visited the "Fotografiska" Museum (Photography Museum) which had some excellent exhibitions. For sure a museum I will visit more times in future! And this was not my only visit to stockholm during October. Another Friday I managed to escape the office and instead enjoyed the exhibition "African Masterpieces" in the Skeppsholmen Caverns. This combined with a lazy stroll through Stockholm on a beautiful sunny day, a visit to the German Church in the old town and a delicious seafood lunch at Lisa Elmqvist restaurant made for a perfect day.

In the photo you can see the tower of the Storkyrkan (Cathedral) in the Gamla Stan (Old Town) on a sunny autumn day.

The history of Stockholm

Besides my 'Must See Tips' I made two separate sections on this page as well.

In my 'General Tips' I want to give you a timeline of Stockholm's history. I love digging into history and reading all about a place I am going to or have been. It gives so much more meaning to the things I see during my trip. A square for example can come to life when you know what happened there in times gone by. It's not only the beauty you see, but also the story buildings can tell. And I am probably not the only one to enjoy this, so that's why I made this history section on my page. The timeline brought the history of Stockholm for me in a much better perspective and it was great to visit Stockholm for the second time, but now with this newly gained info. I hope you will enjoy reading it!

Museum in Stockholm

In my 'Local Custom Tips' I will give you an overview of all the museum in Stockholm. Of course it is hard to list all of them, but I think these are the most known ones, in and also around Stockholm. I try to update the prices on a regular basis.

It's a very useful list if you are looking for information on a particular museum in Stockholm. But I really loved browsing through this list myself, seeing what all kind of 'crazy' and fascinating museum there are in Stockholm. I found some great tips in there for my next visits to Stockholm!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Not only is Stockholm a city with history, and lots of things to do, it also is a beautiful city. The city is surrounded by water, giving the most wonderful views. The houses are coloured in pastel colours from orangy, reddish and yellow, giving it a wonderful atmosphere. And it is also a green city with some wonderful parks like the Hagaparken. Did you know that one third of this city consists of parks?? Rather amazing I think. Even more amazing if you realize that another one third is made out of water! The city of Stockholm is built on 14 islands and connected by 57 bridges which gives a unique character to the place. Stockholm's islands are bordered by Lake Mälaren in the west and the Baltic Sea in the east. This is where you can visit the Stockholm archipelago with it's 30.000 islands.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This page is meant as an overview of all there is to see and do in Stockholm. Besides this page I made a few more pages where you can find more detailed information about the different parts of this beautiful city.

Pages about other parts of Stockholm:
An overview of Stockholm
Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Medeltidsmuseum and Riksdagshuset
Stockholm City and Östermalm
Stadshuset (City Hall) and its surrounding area (Kungsholmen)
Skeppsholmen
Djurgården & Ladugårdsgärdet
Haga Parken
Drottningholm

And located in the greater Stockholm area:
An overview of Stockholm Län (Greater Stockholm area)
Tyresta National Park
Skokloster castle
Ängsö National Park

All the pictures on this travel page are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke),
unless otherwise stated. Please do not use any of them without permission.

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))

• Last visit to Stockholm: Oct 2013
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2013

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Juchhu that you are updating and writing again :-))

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM

thnaks for the tips Simone.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2011 at 3:08 AM

I miss Stockholm :-)) Especially the winter time and the hot chocolate :-) Your Stockholm looks much better now in new VT and ... haha, I discovered that I must go to Kornhamstorg next time to see the crossbower's statue :-)

• lukluk_wal_marjan's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM

hi sim. we will b in sweeden march nx yr for my step daughter reception in sklefftea -hope i spell it rigth -

• thinking's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Never thought to visit Sweden, but now it has moved from the bottom of my list to the top. Your pages are inspirational and useful. Merci!

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Great Stockholm page. I will visit the city later this year.

• Robmj's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Very well laid out tips, thankyou

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2009 at 12:24 PM

A very nice page on a very inviting city.Love your detailed tips especially the TRANSPORTATION>We will be here soon.

• Roggeveen's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Just came back from Stockholm. I found several reasons on your page to revisit this very nice place again.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Hi Simone, there are great tips with useful info and beautiful photos. I liked Stockholm in your way. greetings from Istanbul.Bora

sim1 Visits Here Frequently!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Stockholm

Have you been to Stockholm?

Latest Activity in Stockholm