"Wonderful Stockholm" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm by sim1
Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,084 reviews and 9,488 photos
Stockholm, wow, what a wonderful city! I don't live that far away from Stockholm, so visit on a regular basis. So please don't hesitate to come back to this page from time to time, there is probably something new on it for you to read.
During October 2013 I visited the "Fotografiska" Museum (Photography Museum) which had some excellent exhibitions. For sure a museum I will visit more times in future! And this was not my only visit to stockholm during October. Another Friday I managed to escape the office and instead enjoyed the exhibition "African Masterpieces" in the Skeppsholmen Caverns. This combined with a lazy stroll through Stockholm on a beautiful sunny day, a visit to the German Church in the old town and a delicious seafood lunch at Lisa Elmqvist restaurant made for a perfect day.
In the photo you can see the tower of the Storkyrkan (Cathedral) in the Gamla Stan (Old Town) on a sunny autumn day.
Besides my 'Must See Tips' I made two separate sections on this page as well.
In my 'General Tips' I want to give you a timeline of Stockholm's history. I love digging into history and reading all about a place I am going to or have been. It gives so much more meaning to the things I see during my trip. A square for example can come to life when you know what happened there in times gone by. It's not only the beauty you see, but also the story buildings can tell. And I am probably not the only one to enjoy this, so that's why I made this history section on my page. The timeline brought the history of Stockholm for me in a much better perspective and it was great to visit Stockholm for the second time, but now with this newly gained info. I hope you will enjoy reading it!
In my 'Local Custom Tips' I will give you an overview of all the museum in Stockholm. Of course it is hard to list all of them, but I think these are the most known ones, in and also around Stockholm. I try to update the prices on a regular basis.
It's a very useful list if you are looking for information on a particular museum in Stockholm. But I really loved browsing through this list myself, seeing what all kind of 'crazy' and fascinating museum there are in Stockholm. I found some great tips in there for my next visits to Stockholm!
Not only is Stockholm a city with history, and lots of things to do, it also is a beautiful city. The city is surrounded by water, giving the most wonderful views. The houses are coloured in pastel colours from orangy, reddish and yellow, giving it a wonderful atmosphere. And it is also a green city with some wonderful parks like the Hagaparken. Did you know that one third of this city consists of parks?? Rather amazing I think. Even more amazing if you realize that another one third is made out of water! The city of Stockholm is built on 14 islands and connected by 57 bridges which gives a unique character to the place. Stockholm's islands are bordered by Lake Mälaren in the west and the Baltic Sea in the east. This is where you can visit the Stockholm archipelago with it's 30.000 islands.
This page is meant as an overview of all there is to see and do in Stockholm. Besides this page I made a few more pages where you can find more detailed information about the different parts of this beautiful city.
Pages about other parts of Stockholm:
An overview of Stockholm
Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Medeltidsmuseum and Riksdagshuset
Stockholm City and Östermalm
Stadshuset (City Hall) and its surrounding area (Kungsholmen)
Djurgården & Ladugårdsgärdet
And located in the greater Stockholm area:
An overview of Stockholm Län (Greater Stockholm area)
Tyresta National Park
Ängsö National Park
All the pictures on this travel page are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke),
unless otherwise stated. Please do not use any of them without permission.
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))
If you like Seafood, this is the place to be! First of all, if you would like to eat here: make reservations! This is a... more travel advice
The Hotel Lady Hamilton is located very central, in the midst of the Gamla Stan (Old Town). A perfect location for doing... more travel advice
- See All Better not to wear high-heels!
- See All Antique shopping in the Kindstugatan
- See All Flying to Stockholm
- See All The parks of Stockholm
sim1's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 143 Reviews
- 271 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 92 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (139)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
- Commented on one of sim1's Stockholm tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bergrummet - Skeppsholmen Caverns"
- updated a Stockholm Travel Page "Wonderful Stockholm"
- Wrote a Review Seafood heaven! about Lisa Elmquist Restaurant in Stockholm Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos