"Strängnäs" Strängnäs by sim1

Strängnäs Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 37 photos

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated. Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Pros:Calm little town with a nice church
  • Cons:Not really a tourist destination
  • In a nutshell:Old little town
  • Last visit to Strängnäs: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 9, 2003

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Yes, I stick to my personal opinion that Strängnäs cathedral is one of the most beautiful ones I ever saw - so harmonic and peaceful and beuatiful inside :-)) ah, I miss Sweden :-))

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 5:46 AM

What a beautiful interior, especially the reredos (because it was made in Brussels :-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 8:47 AM

A very interesting little page Simone! I wonder what kind of security they have on that golden crown covered in pearls!!!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 7:05 AM

It's amazing that such a beautiful place, the burial place of kings, isn't more touristed. Great page, Simone.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 3:38 AM

I love old chrches - I always wonder how they were built without a crane . Fantastic presentation

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 12:46 PM

Thanks for the tour of Strangnas and its cathedral. It looks like a nice place for a daytrip out of Stockholm.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2003 at 10:26 AM

Great tips Simone! I have only been to Strängnäs once. That was a few years ago when I and a friend went on our bikes from Uppsala, and then back the day after.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 12:12 AM

your hobby .photography...cost you a bob or two, I am ever grateful you share it with us Simone and you have not fear for close ups....thank you

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2003 at 8:50 AM

Love the "Story of Passion" Love the whole historical background you let us share ! Thx Simone !

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2003 at 12:28 PM

Not touristy place? OK, but I'd like to go there to see that cathedral and the lake now :-)

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Strängnäs

Have you been to Strängnäs?