"Hiking from Njunjes to Tarrekaise" Tarraure by sim1

Tarraure Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 27 photos

This is the second chapter about my hiking trip in Padjelanta National Park during the summer of 2006. Padjelanta is a National Park in the very north of Sweden and in this chapter I will write my story about the hike from Njunjes to Tarrekaise.

The other chapters about this trip are:
Kvikkjokk - Njunjes
Njunjes - Tarrekaise
Tarrekaise - Såmmarlappa
Såmmarlappa - Tarraluoppalstugorna
Tarraluoppalstugorna - Tuottar (Under construction)
Staloluokta (Under construction)
Staloluokta - Arasluokta (Under construction)
Arasluokta - Låddejåkkå (Under construction)
Låddejåkka towards Kisuris (Under construction)
Kisuris - Akka (Under construction)

You can read an overview of this whole trip on my Padjelanta page (Under construction)

I hope you will enjoy reading this page! Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))
Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Tarraure: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 11, 2007

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Juchhu, I love the flower jungle :-)) And the room with that splendid view :-)) Summer is coming :-))

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 6:27 AM

Bzzzz... bzzbzzzzzzzz, ..its amazing you caught that vampire of an insect on your camera. That sound if very familiar to me. Excent page.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 10:12 AM

the Tarrekaise camping site sure looks idyllic ~ enjoyed your journey ;-)))

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2006 at 4:50 PM

That's my kind of hotel, one with a view. :)

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2006 at 2:46 PM

hehee must use that local custom tip!! Another lovely hike and I really like your intro map collage, very well done

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 1:38 PM

hahaha, have to smile about the forecast! I remember you told me about the snow, and Nobby and I sent tons of sunshine, just for the both of you! Seeems, that magic sometimes happens!!! :-) Wonderful descrition of your trip!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 2:58 AM

Another great new hiking page. Beautiful photos of the northern landscape, and especially of the river Tarraätno / Darrhaädno.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 6:21 PM

What a beautiful pictures and nature. Great hike and I would follow your trail despite those nasty bzzzzzz... :-)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Awesome landscape to be hiking through Simone! It must really give your mind great fear and finally satisfaction knowing that you have to do ALL of it by yourself, including finding a place to spend each night. I loved those pics of the flowers too!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2006 at 9:37 AM

What a great hike and I love your journal style of writing your pages. Glad you didn't hurt yourself and that you fell so gracefully into a bed of flowers!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Tarraure

Have you been to Tarraure?

Latest Activity in Tarraure