"Västerås, Anundshög and the surrounding area" Top 5 Page for this destination Västerås by sim1

Västerås Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 266 photos

Welcome to my Västerås page! I've devided this page into three section to make it a bit easier for you to navigate. In the first section, the must see activities, you can read some tips and see some impressions of the city of Västerås itself.....

In the second part I will try to tell you all about Anundshög; one of Sweden's most interesting sites of ancient remains. Anundshög is just outside Västerås and you can read all about it on my 'off the beaten path tips'.....

And last but not least is the surrounding area of Västerås. I visited some nice places there, like this Fiholm Castle. You can read all about the surrounding area of Västerås in my general tips.

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated. Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Västerås: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2003

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Juchhu - Västeras :-) I've read that there is a stone labyrinth and I must see this as well :-) And the dark river and Anundshög and.. and.. and :-)) Morning smiles from here :-))

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2007 at 8:20 AM

Are you living in Västeras?

• Gwenvar's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Ther pics of Västeras make me want to live there...and what about those ancient stones, really remarkable. I love the fun way that you have in telling us about the various places! :-)

• Takeiteasyfriend's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 2:38 AM

Great pages, I really ejoy your explanations and great quality pictures.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2004 at 1:35 AM

So many interesting places! Ancient fortifications, deers, black river. I wonder how many days are needed to see all interesting places in the country :-)

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 2:19 PM

that seems to be a very beautiful place, full of history, and as always on your pages, presented in great pics and tips; btw, how brave of you to take a picture of these 2 really dangerous biiig watch dogs :-))

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 1:13 AM

great page, looks like a beautiful city :)

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 1:10 AM

The Runic stone sure seems interesting...Have you spotted any cool Swedish Door Knockers????? You know I'm waiting for those!! Happy Sinterklaas!!

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2003 at 7:01 AM

Anundshög for free in Sweden and on VT as well!! Superb page with incredible photos!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2003 at 3:22 PM

I loved your page on Vasteras, especially the bits about the Vikings!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Västerås

Have you been to Västerås?