"Stora Sjöfallet National Park" Vietas by sim1
Vietas Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
The National park was established 1909 to protect the waterfall and its lakes and to preserve the genuine high mountain terrain - the fjällen. The mountain areas around Stora Sjöfallet are very varied, with alpine ranges and low ridges, flat high plains and deeply carved valleys. The lake Akkajaure divides the park in a northern and southern part. The southern part doesn’t contain any trails or huts. Kungsleden - the 440 km long hiking trail from Abisko to Hemavan - passes through the northern part.
If you want more info about the park you can take a look at the parks website : Stora Sjöfallet National Park
I love the National Parks in Sweden and it is a dream of Åke and me to have visited all of them at some day. It won't be easy as not all of them are so easy to reach, but we want to give it a try anyway :-)
I haven't been to Stora Sjöfallet National Park yet, but it looks so beautiful, I really would love to go here. Here is a list of all National Parks in Sweden. The links are clickable so you can surf to all my National Park pages.
□ Blå Jungfrun
□ Dalby Söderskog
■ Gotska Sandön
□ Haparanda Skärgård
□ Norra Kvill
■ Stora Sjöfallet
□ Store Mosse
90 km west of Porjus, Norrbotten county, far north in Sweden. It borders Sarek National Park.
How to get to the park:
By car take road 45 from Porjus, after 10 km take road towards Vietas. A small road continues trough the park alongside the lake. Parking in Vietas or Vakkatavare.
Size of the park: 1280 km2
This is a detailed map of the National Park (from the parks website). On the map you can see the hiking trails, roads how to get to the park, the places where you can stay overnight, etc.
Interesting points :
* The Akka mountain massif - the "Queen of Lappland"
* Twin waterfalls Luomijåkka
* Road alongside Akkajaure
sim1's Related Pages
Vietas Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vietas
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Vietas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vietas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 138 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos