"The temples of Paestum" Top 5 Page for this destination Paestum by sim1

Paestum Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 224 photos

South of Napoli, you can find these magnificent temples of Paestum. If you are anywhere near, don't forget to go there. It is really worth the detour!

Paestum and the surrounding area is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

• Intro Updated Jan 23, 2005

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Enjoyed Salerno and on up along the Amalfi coast and then what a regret to find out how much I shouldve visited Paestum!but thanks for your page and pictures to get a close up view - maybe I will get back myself one day!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Beautiful - love the ants-eye view! leyle

• israelsson2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Hi, great pages. Hälsning Eva

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 2:36 AM

Ah, Athena was always my favourite godess of old Greece. What a shame, I missed it - but this was way ago with my parents :-) So, I have to go back, hope quite soon :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 11:12 AM

Simone, you are so right...I was so close and did not see it because I didn't know about it. reminds me of Agrigento in Sicily. Love your analogy with the "building ant"! Vibrant, vivid photographs.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 9:44 AM

Very impressive. I haven't heard about Paestum, but I was so close to it. Some other time, then.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 12:39 PM

Those Temples really are striking - the imposing pillars and the way you caught the blue sky framed with the trees!! Fantastic to have the place almost to yourself too!

• dvideira's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2004 at 9:40 AM

When I was in Campania, I had to make a hard, hard, hard decision of not going to see Paestum... Well... I still try to believe that was a way to assure I'm going back there :-)) Your photos are really beautiful, Simone. Thanks.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2004 at 2:41 PM

Sorry to have missed Paestum when we were in Italy. Great page, full of info & lovely photos, well done Simone! (~_~)

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2004 at 10:10 AM

I loved this place when I went! Wonderful page with beautiful photos.

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Paestum

Have you been to Paestum?