"Versailles" Top 5 Page for this destination Versailles by sim1

Versailles Travel Guide: 692 reviews and 2,615 photos

After a few days in Paris, I concluded my trip to this city with a visit to Versailles. I was feeling tired from walking a few days after each other in Paris, trying to absorb as much as I could of the city. My feet were hurting quite bad by now, but that didn't stop me from visiting Versailles. I always dreamed of seeing Versailles one day, and here I was!

• Intro Updated Jan 23, 2005

• Nov 11, 2008 at 4:42 AM

A lot to see in Versailles ! Nice page Sim.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I enjoyed your pages on Verasailles. I visited about 8 years ago before VT and I don't have an account . Thanks for sharing yours ( I remember the crowds though!!)

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Hello Simone! I dropped by your beautiful Versailles page, because I have my mind set on visiting it in july. We will visit Paris, Eurodisney (for the kids!) and probably Versailles. Thanx for the detailed info!

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 9:42 AM

I came back for a visit to my favorite Versaille page! Merry Christmas and a very happy new year.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Returning to Paris and this time, I WILL go to Versaille. Unless I opt for Fountainbleu instead, lol.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2006 at 5:23 AM

Hi Sim - i was lucky to see the fountains jetting water Versailles gardens is indeed a topic.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 4:36 AM

Yes, I can see how what you experienced could be very off-putting! It would drive me nuts too! However, absolutely amazing photos on your Page! I never dreamed the gardens were that big either!

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 3:33 AM

Very nice pictures. I enjoyed at versailles

• sswagner's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 1:06 AM

An excellent and thorough page on Versailles. This palace provides the basis of comparison for all others.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2004 at 9:09 PM

Though French, I have never been to Versailles and not much excited about it. Your impressions are about what I expect myself. But you are right, early, an odd day, may be it is possible to visit in good conditions ! And pay several times !

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Versailles

Have you been to Versailles?

Latest Activity in Versailles