"The Gomantong Caves" Gomantong Caves by sim1

Gomantong Caves Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 16 photos

This page is actually a part of my Sandakan page, where I write about my journey from Mount Kinabalu to Sukau, including my visit to the Gomantong Caves. But I've decided to put this little page up especially for the ones that are specifically searching for info about the Gomantong Caves.

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))

Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as
separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Gomantong Caves: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2004

• Oct 12, 2006 at 10:55 PM

fantastic page sim! i enjoyed reading your story. you explained so vividly, i can almost smell your fear! lol :)

• mikkie50's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 1:19 PM

ha haha hi simone ahhh yes the cave yeah we did it as well simone scarey or what :-))) u see the big white poisoinus catterpillars no??? ha ha ha oxo oxo

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Hundreds of cockroaches flee away from your feet... hahaha its true I am glad they did, I am not a big fan of coach. I enjoy Sandakan & the orang utan and the seafood dinner. Come back to Sandakan & we can meet up in KL or in Sweden(Aug 2006).

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 2:12 PM

Wow, that sounds like a very special place! I know the type of cockroaches you mean and they are really impressive. Excellent page!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 4:09 AM

Haha, thanks for Indian Jones stories. Huge and unpleasant wildlife in that cave... eeeksss...

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2005 at 2:36 PM

I remember how awful it was inside the cave ! how terrible it must be to have the job of the guard and have to stay in that little hut in the middle, another wonderful page refreshing my memories

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 2:41 AM

WHY from me also - eeeks, I am afraid of all that crawls - I would have screamed the whole time.... A bit like this Indiana Jones movie :-)) But - tough girl you are, enduring this visit :-)

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 4:57 PM

Why Simone, why? Shiver me timbers, this place sounds scary! Great writing, as is the norm for you!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 4:40 AM

Amazing. You've certainly turned me off going there!

• savitha's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 5:55 AM

U have a fantastic talent in writing your travel adventures.....all your travel stories are well written and truly helpful.. Looking forward to see new travel pages! :)

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Gomantong Caves

Have you been to Gomantong Caves?

Latest Activity in Gomantong Caves