"Two fantastic days on the river" Sukau by sim1

Sukau Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 210 photos

I hope you will enjoy reading this page!
Please leave me a comment what you think about it! :-))

Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as
separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Sukau: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 27, 2004

• Eish's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM

What wonderful pages! I am trying to decide on our itinerary to Borneo and your Sukau pages have really helped with the feel of the place. Thanks.

• magnum11's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 8:07 AM

Briliant.........as allways. I love your pages. Sometimes I would prefer to read them than to go there. You see it much better.

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 5:57 AM

amazing page! i have never heard about Sakua -looks beautiful! great photos too!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Excellent intro photo of the nose monkey, I mean Dutchman Monkey! The birds nest fern is amazing! I never heard about it! You have super photos of wild life of every kind! Too bad you did not take a photo of your own leeches, haha!

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 4:11 AM

I love the river and "macaques" photos!

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2005 at 5:14 AM

Gee, nice White Egret! - Is this the same bird as the Great Egret? We saw one of those near Pannerden, almost in our own backyard, so to speak ... (See my Kekerdom Page)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 3:55 AM

How exciting !! That wish rock is incredible - how nice that it works ! And the picture of the nose monkey drinking water is just toooo funny !

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 5:59 PM

Simone, I really enjoy ur Sukau page. It's awesome. I live in Malaysia but yet I've never been there! I think I've to make a trip there soon! I never thought wildlife travelling is so good.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2005 at 6:08 AM

Hi Simone i hope you are well. Fantastic pages you have here on a superb destination, your photography is second to none, all the best Cliff

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 12:30 PM

absolutely fabulous, it brought back all my memories of Sukau, l also loved it here, we saw red leaf monkeys as well as the Proboscus and Macaque. no leecehes though, l think the ones in the Danum Valley had told them I didnt taste too good !

sim1