"Turtle Island Park" Pulau Selingan by sim1

Pulau Selingan Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 75 photos

This is a chapter in my wonderful roundtrip and honeymoon on Sabah. Turtle Islands Park was wonderful! It was my first time snorkelling, hahaha, and yes, this water is salt! At the first dive I had the first gulp of salt water :-)) But it was great to take a look at the beautiful 'Under Water World'.

I also had the amazing experience to see a big Green Turtle lay eggs on the beach at night, hold a little baby turtle and release dozens of baby turtles back to the sea.

If you prefer, you can also read this page on my external website at http://hem.bredband.net/sim1:
English version
Swedish version

Please read this page in 'authors order' as I mostly write my pages not only as
separate tips, but with a story-line in it.

All the pictures on this travelpage are taken by me or by Åke (former VT-member Akeke), unless otherwise stated.
Please do not use any of them without permission.

• Last visit to Pulau Selingan: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 6, 2005

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 1:06 PM

Wow, the little turtle is really cute! Nobody would believe it will become so large when an adult! Superb underwater pictures! The turtle tracks are impressive and you must know they were made by turtles!

• lichinga's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 10:08 AM

Sand flies?? What's that? How could it be you cannot resist on the beach?

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 3:35 AM

A very interesting page on Turtle Island. It sounds like so much fun, seeing the turtles come ashore. I will put this on my must do list.

• daryll's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2006 at 9:10 AM

I think i need to take a very long break and revisit Sandakan properly : ), Great tips.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 3:35 AM

ahhh - turtle time again ! This must have been a very exciting experience !!!

• traveldream's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2005 at 1:34 AM

Hi, nice pictures! Seems that you had a great time there! :)

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 1:02 AM

What a wonderful experience you have had with the turtles!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 2:31 AM

what an interesting location and excellent pics ! watching the turtles is always great fun !

• sierralyndon's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 8:48 AM

I think you've done a fantastic job of capturing the joy and excitement of visiting those turtles. I would love to do the same one day!

• Nov 24, 2004 at 10:25 AM

Just Great!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Selingan

Have you been to Pulau Selingan?

Latest Activity in Pulau Selingan