"Dinkelsbühl, a hidden gem" Dinkelsbühl by sim1
Dinkelsbühl Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 87 photos
The former Free Imperial Town of Dinkelsbühl with its unmistakable townscape is situated in the idyllic Wörnitz Valley. Today, the ring of town walls with its towers and gates and St George’s Minster are stone witnesses to the glories of medieval architecture.
Historical old town (cultural monument) with ring wall and fortifications.
Minster of St George (1448 - 1499): magnificent late Gothic hall church with Romanesque tower portal (1220/30), valuable altars, statues and furnishings. Special feature: 'pretzel window', donated by the Bakers' Guild.
Historic wine market (Weinmarkt) with Ratsherrentrinkstube (about 1580, today Gustav-Adolf Haus). Deutsches Haus with impressive Renaissance half timbering (about 1600) and Schranne (1609, former grain trading place).
Hezelhof: picturesque courtyard of a patrician house (16th century).
Old Town Hall with cells and courtyard (1361).
Spital (1282), former hospital with an attractive courtyard, Church of the Holy Ghost and Historical Museum.
Town Gates: Nördlinger Tor, Rothenburger Tor, Segringer Tor, Wörnitztor.
Fortifications (13th - 16th century) with complete ring wall, fortified towers and battlements at Wörnitztor.
Teutonic Order Castle: Baroque building (1764) with attractive Rococo Chapel.
Town Mill with Museum of the 3rd Dimension: former water mill with battlement fortifying the water wheel.
Town park with idyllic lake (e.g., Rothenburger Lake with Faulturm).
sim1's Related Pages
Dinkelsbühl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delightful Dinkelsbuehl, a monument to culture...."
- "Dinkelsbuehl: Lovely town with a cute name"
- "...more to come !"
- "Dinkelsbühl, a hidden gem"
- "old town dinkelsbuhl"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dinkelsbühl
- Hotels in Dinkelsbühl
- Transportation in Dinkelsbühl
- Restaurants in Dinkelsbühl
- Warnings and Dangers in Dinkelsbühl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dinkelsbühl
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Dinkelsbühl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinkelsbühl
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 150 reviews, 314 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 143 reviews, 271 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 140 reviews, 259 photos
- Paris Intro, 83 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 93 reviews, 159 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algonquin Provincial Park Intro, 115 reviews, 115 photos
- Toronto Intro, 108 reviews, 102 photos
- Venice Intro, 99 reviews, 110 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 89 reviews, 100 photos
- Italy Intro, 84 reviews, 90 photos