"Bonbini na Aruba" Aruba by Mirellaboer
Aruba Travel Guide: 1,011 reviews and 2,701 photos
<font face=verdana>From may till december 1998 I lived on Aruba!!
I was there for my graduation project and I worked in the Horacio E. Oduber Hospital. I have had a wonderful time on Aruba and it really is <B><font color=orangered>"One Happy Island"</font></b>.
Some facts about Aruba:
Aruba is 19,6 miles long and 6 miles across, totaling 77 square miles/ 193 square meters.
The climat is almost all year the same with a temprature between 81F or 27C tempered by northeasterly tradewinds and also very important Aruba is out of range of the Caribbean hurricanes.
the official language of Aruba is Dutch, but the native language Papiamento, English and Spanish are widely spoken.
<font color=orangered><font size=+1><B>Papiamento</b></font></font>
The mother-tongue of Aruba is Papiamento. It's a language, not a dialect and evolved from several older languages as all others have done throughout the history of the spoken word.Here are some words in Papiamento:
Bon Bini = Welcome
Con ta bai? = How are you?
Mi ta bon = I'm fine
Masha danki = Thank you very much
Te aworo = See you later
Bon dia = Good morning
Bon tardi = Good afternoon
Bon nochi = Good evening
Bunita = Beautiful
Hopi bon = Very good!
Poco poco = Slowly
Dushi = Sweet
Ayo = Goodbye
Botica = Drugstore
Pisca = Fish
Keshi = Cheese
Pabien = Congratulations
Visit Baby (lagoon) Beach It's a nice beach with shallow water and a great place for snorkling more travel advice
Mirellaboer's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Adventure Awaits"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 22 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 36 reviews, 18 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 31 reviews, 14 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aruba Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Terschelling Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues