"United Kingdom Page" United Kingdom by gabriellefox
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 92,793 reviews and 218,502 photos
As you can see from my picture I am not a typical English Rose. I was born in Burma - Myanmar and came to England with my parents in 1968. I have lived in the UK for well over 30 years now. I am partly English, Irish, Scottish, Burmese and Indian. Go figure!
Its quite atonishing how much Great Britain has changed, even in recent history. It used to capitalise on the wealth and natural resources of "less developed" countries way back when "Britannia ruled the waves". Now it has stopped plundering, imposing religion, governemnt and Royal hierachy and relinquished its hold on other countries it welcomes its former subjects with open arms.
The United Kingdom is made up from England, N Ireland, Scotland and Wales. There are regular international flights too, so the UK is easily accessible to the whole world. Most of Europe is no more than a couple of hours by plane. But if you come to the UK please dont make it a flying visit. The UK offers so much to see and do, a diverse culture and some spectacular and diverse scenary.
When I was growing up international travel was rare, most people took their holidays in the UK, so I have seen the country from head to toe. If you are interested to hear about some of my childhood travels in the UK please look at the accompanying travelogues.
Now as a an adult and a seasoned international traveller I have been able to put the UK into perspective and find it is still an outstanding country to visit. It is however expensive compared to many!
I have enjoyed being based in the UK but take regular business and pleasure trips abroad to ensure I get my full quoto of sunlight :)
For more regional information on the United Kingdom please visit www.vistbritain.com
Although England is an Island it is not a small one and the scenary between regions changes dramatically as does the weather.
To help make a little more sense of the diversity of the regions I have seperated them in the Must See Activities section so when you choose to visit England and you are working to a rigid schedule this may serve as a valuable tool in getting you started on your travel plans.
- Pros:Thousands of acres of undulating countrysie, lakes and miles of rugged coast.
- Cons:The weather is unpredictable.
- In a nutshell:Take it in stages and wear layers and waterproofs
In the UK it is customary to tip at least 10% for Bar staff, waiter, waitresses and taxis. Always check your bill first... more travel advice
Northumbria is a powerful place. Wild, lonely moors and rugged sandy beaches coupled with the vibrant, urban buzz of the... more travel advice
- There are some great clubs in.the UK
- See All I live in a lovely 3 bedroomed...
- See All We explored the length and...
- When I was a child eating our...
gabriellefox's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 220 Reviews
- 275 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Burma Intro, 81 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 58 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 49 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southend-on-Sea Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 32 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Bahamas Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1712 Reviews - 3884 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1617 Reviews - 3908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 796 Reviews - 1309 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 245 Reviews - 476 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1157 Photos