"Sardinia Page" Sardegna by gabriellefox
Sardegna Travel Guide: 781 reviews and 2,288 photos
I worked as a catwalk model in Milan and Sardinia in what now feels a lifetime ago and fell in love with both places although I am strongly drawn to the coast.
I loved so many things about Sardinia in particular - the weather, the architecture, the shopping, and the general ambience so I went back for a week to celebrate my 38th birthday.
The island of Sardinia has been colonised and invaded by the Greeks, Romans, and Spaniards to name but a few. Through these ravages, the locals (known as the Sardi) have retained their identity and singularity.The landscape is rugged, and the remaining wildlife is distinctive.
It is not cheap place to visit but it certainly is cheerful! See my travelogues for more information on my latest visit to this wonderful island nested just off the Almalfi coast.
- Pros:Beautiful country, culture, food, scenery, architecture,sailing
- Cons:Can be very expensive
- In a nutshell:Come and visit but don't forget your wallet!
With waters so clear you can see the seabed and unspoilt stretches of golden and white sand, you can see why Sardinia... more travel advice
Pay a visit to the splendid church of Porto Cervo " Stella Maris " which dominates the Porto Cervo coastal area with an... more travel advice
- See All Costa Smeralda Accomodation
- Packing List
- See All Ferries leave for La Maddalena...
- The town of Castelsardo.
gabriellefox's Related Pages
Sardegna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sardegna is Sardegna"
- "Sardinia - Something for everyone"
- "ISLAND WITH DIFFERENT FACES"
- "Sardegna's South"
- "~A Canadian Gal in Sardegna~"
- "Italy's second biggest island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sardegna
- Hotels in Sardegna
- Transportation in Sardegna
- Nightlife in Sardegna
- Restaurants in Sardegna
- Shopping in Sardegna
- Warnings and Dangers in Sardegna
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sardegna
- 25 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sardegna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sardegna
Top 10 Pages
- Burma Intro, 81 reviews, 110 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 59 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Málaga Intro, 49 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southend-on-Sea Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 32 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leigh-on-Sea Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Sardegna hotels
- Alghero Hotels
- 178 Reviews - 361 Photos
- Càgliari Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 373 Photos
- Castelsardo Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Chia Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 21 Photos
- Villasimìus Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Olbia Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Uta Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Ulàssai Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Trinità d'Agultu Hotels
- 1 Review - 19 Photos
- Tortolì Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Tempio Pausania Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Stintino Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Sassari Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Sardara Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Santa Teresa Gallura Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 8 Photos