"ADVENTURES OF MICKEY MOUSE AND FRIENDS" Orlando by DUNK67

Orlando Travel Guide: 3,109 reviews and 5,931 photos

Well where do I start? Firstly you don't appreciate how big the world is until you have flown across the Atlantic Ocean and for someone like me who doesn't like flying it is very big, but I survived the journey fairly well.

I went to America with so many ideas of what it and the people would be like, how wrong could I be. Orlando was clean and tidy (you could drop a piece of litter and it would be picked up before it hit the floor), the people were so friendly and helpful they would bend over backwards to make you feel at home, there was no trouble and most importantly of all I never once heard "HAVE A NICE DAY OR MISSING YOU ALREADY", like you see in films.

There is so much I can say about America which I probably will, but this was the best holiday I have ever had.

Mickey and Friends will be arriving on this page shortly, eventually.

• Pros:Mickey, Walt Disney World, Theme Parks, Weather
  • Cons:Addictive.
  • In a nutshell:Something for everyone
  • Last visit to Orlando: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 16, 2007

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2007 at 1:38 PM

I used to live in Lakeland, FL back in the early 60's when I was a kid. Its only about 35 miles from Orlando, but it was a swamp then. I enjoyed DW when I took my stepson about 6 years ago...

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 9:06 AM

liek the manatee comments . . . very cute dog, too

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 2:34 PM

Dunk, the page is just magic - will be back for more Orlando fun

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 8:35 AM

Looks like you REALLY loved Orlando and all the parks. Sooner or later, I'll make trip there number 9 (or 10, I lost count)

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 8:00 AM

Great Orlando page. Sounds like you had a great time while there. Loved your photos. Great tip about the sunscreen as well. It amazes me how many fair skinned people will do that only to get a near 3rd degree burn by the end of the day.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 5:44 PM

Dunk, I'll be back to rate your Orlando page. I might be a bit emotional post-Frances, but your little Orlando intro brought tears to my eyes. I'll be back.

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 10:37 AM

The Clyde and Seamore show was hysterical. I saw it 2 years ago and laughed so much when Clyde made that barking sound when the trainer put his hand in his mouth. Thanks for the funny memory jogger.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 9:03 AM

Brilliant page Dunk! We are planning to go in a couple of years. So much Info, really enjoyed reading this page. Im excited about going already!! Well Done (~_~)

• gcmm's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2004 at 3:25 AM

great page, good tips, glad you had fun..it is a great place...

• storyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 10:42 PM

cUTE Gators !!!

DUNK67

“To see more clearly you must open your mind before you open your eyes.”

Badges & Stats in Orlando

Have you been to Orlando?

Latest Activity in Orlando