"At Home With Dunk" Evesham by DUNK67
Evesham Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 121 photos
The rural Market town, Evesham is situated in the picturesque Vale of Evesham about 30 miles from Birmingham and only 6 miles from the Cotswolds. Although the Cattle Market has long gone to be replaced by yet more flats there are still other markets. There is the daily covered market and the Saturday Market in the town's Market Square selling all sorts. Occasionaly there are Farmers and Street Markets selling more specialised product, check the what's on section for dates.
Evesham is famous for several things :PLUMS, APPLES, PEARS and most famously ASPARAGUS. SIMON DE MONTFORT known as the father of the English Parliament died here in the Battle of Evesham in 1265 (there will be more of this in a travelogue soon). Evesham's name is derived from a swineherd called Eoves who claimed to see a vision of the Virgin Mary, which also inspired the creation of Evesham Abbey which was mostly destroyed after King Henry VIII disolved the monastries. The only remaining part is the 110 ft high Bell Tower (pictured above) and a few walls.
Evesham is fast becoming very multi-cultural with a very large influx of Polish nationals and people from the former Eastern Bloc countries and this is reflected in a number of shops opening to cater for them.
If you would like to exchange post cards I will send you one if you email me your address.
- Pros:Nice buildings, pretty park
- Cons:Not a lot for locals to do.
- In a nutshell:Ideal for tourists
The Winter of 2009- 2010 has been one of the worst that I can remember for a long time with snow last over a week at one... more travel advice
Marcos Pizza is Turkish run and make the best pizzas in town. You can choose from pizzas and kebabs to the more... more travel advice
- See All Traffic Wardens on the prowl
- See All Tech Support
- See All Luxury Courtesy Of The Beeb
- See All The Pound Shop
DUNK67's Related Pages
Evesham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "At Home With Dunk"
- "EVESHAM - QUITE A SURPRISE!"
- "On the River Avon"
- "The Beautiful Vale of Evesham"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Evesham
- Hotels in Evesham
- Transportation in Evesham
- Nightlife in Evesham
- Restaurants in Evesham
- Shopping in Evesham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Evesham
- 56 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Evesham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Evesham
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 70 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 75 reviews, 44 photos
- Evesham Intro, 56 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Ibiza Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 39 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chatham Intro, 3 reviews, 41 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newquay Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Sarande Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Canaveral Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 6 travelogues
- Blackpool Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues