"The Italian Job" Andalo by DUNK67

Andalo Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 1 photos

The first time I went to Italy was on a school skiing trip to Andalo. It was a fairly eventful trip. The first incident happened when I was skiing on my own because I had been skiing a couple of times before. I came across a small group of people who I recognised to be from our party and some paramedics. One of the beginners had broken his ankle and I had to follow them down the slope carrying his skis as well to the waiting ambulance, believe me that was not easy.
A strange incident happened when we were waiting for the ski bus one morning, our skis were leant against a wooden fence outside the hotel. One of the boys leant against the fence which gave way sending him, the fence and several sets of skis crashing down a ten foot drop. Some of the party ran to his aide well I went to get the hotel receptionist to ring for an ambulance.
Several years later when I was in the pub talking about holidays I described this incident. One of my friends turned round and said that it was him that had fallen and I didn't recognise him. What a strange coincidence.
Another night a group of us were caught in a girls room from another school, I don't know what was wrong with this as at the time I didn't really know what girls were. However we were all grounded and had to stay in the hotel the next night. This backfired on the teachers as we all got very drunk and I was the oldest at 15. I can remember staggering up to one teacher laughing and asking him if he was dressing up as Jesus for the last nights fancy dress party as he had a passing resembelance to him. The teacher turned to me and said well as a matter of fact I am which put me firmly in my place.
I hope you enjoyed this short anecdote, hopefully some photographs will follow shortly.

This page will be virtually the same as my Italy page, this is because Andalo didn`t originally exist on the VT database when I wrote it but hopefully I will get some new info and change it.

• Last visit to Andalo: Feb 1985
  • Intro Written Dec 15, 2004

Comments

DUNK67

“To see more clearly you must open your mind before you open your eyes.”

Badges & Stats in Andalo