Morocco Warnings Or Dangers Tips by lois_lane

Morocco Warnings and Dangers: 176 reviews and 134 photos

Ladies, if you go to Fes on...

Ladies, if you go to Fes on your own, bring a whole ton of tolerance. After being yelled at for 3 days, it was all that I could do not to get into a fight. If traveling solo, I'd recomend skipping Fes, or to bring a guy along. As women we never got offered drugs, but as soon as we were in the company of males it happened often. For those of you wanting to be that silly, does North African jail mean nothing to you. We all see it on the news, travelers in some country caught with drugs and in bad jails. Not my cup of tea thanks all the same.

As women we were teased, put down, given the hard sell, and verbally harassed, but never harmed in any way. We always had to have our senses of humour with us. I really do believe that the harassment was all talk and other than Fes, never felt concerned for my safety. If you play it safe you'll be fine.

• Written Jan 24, 2003
Ladies, if you go to Fes on...

• Written Aug 25, 2002

lois_lane

“a whole bunch of little things adds up to heavy.”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

Have you been to Morocco?