"The Jerusalem Syndrom" Jerusalem by inuit
Jerusalem Travel Guide: 1,912 reviews and 5,589 photos
One of my fondest hobbys was walking around the streets of Jeusalem. Roaming with no special purpose and let the magic and charm of this city to take over me. Listening to Muslim or Jews prayers and smelling the special aroma of the Greek Orthodox churches. Stopping by for eating Humus with Falafel or having strong black coffee with a sweet Baklawa. The photo was taken in the Ethiopian compund next to the Holy Grave church.
East to the old city walls you walk down to the Kidron valley and walk up Mt. of Olives. There are many old tombs there. Reading the ancient scripts on the tombs is like a lesson in the history of the people who lived and died in this holy city.
The Bazzar of the Muslim quarter is a wonderful "Oriental" market like you can find in Marakech, Istanbul or Tunis.... more travel advice
The Egyptian and Ethiopian Koptic church have their branch in Jerusalem and they share small part of the Holy Grave... more travel advice
inuit's Related Pages
Jerusalem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jerusalem–the Foundation Stone of three Religions"
- "The Spirit of Jerusalem"
- "Jerusalem: Monotheism's Controversial Capital"
- "The most special city in the world"
- "Martin_S.'s Jerusalem"
- "4 days in a holy city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerusalem
- Hotels in Jerusalem
- Transportation in Jerusalem
- Nightlife in Jerusalem
- Restaurants in Jerusalem
- Shopping in Jerusalem
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerusalem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jerusalem
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Jerusalem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerusalem
Top 10 Pages
- Indonesia Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iceland Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Greenland Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- India Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kenya Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Finland Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Berlin Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue