"Cenotes and visiting the Maya's" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Quintana Roo by Umfufu
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide: 4,673 reviews and 10,675 photos
"The Mayas believed that the great caves where secret rivers flow, called cenotes, were the hiding places of the gods. It was in this remote time, when the Maya people lived in the jungle, that they learned to acknowledge the gods of the rain, the wind and the sun, since every tree and animal there seem to have a spirit that guards them.
You cant go into the jungle and dont meet the Maya's. Ofcourse ... there is a lot changed but most of the Maya's still have a lot of customs they use to do since they ever start living. Playing in the water that the rain left is one of the things kids do all over the world, ... but here isnt a mum jelling to stop because maybe they can get durty !
This is the way we used to live too, we once were that poor and had that little and we HAPPY.
Wanna meet these people?
You are just one click away.
DONT MISS THE TRAVELOUGES FOR MUCH MORE !!!
- Pros:Sunny weather, nice people, good food
- Cons:Expensive (unless you know the way)...ask the guide
- In a nutshell:Be prepared to spend $$ and enjoy the sun
After 20 minutes you are use to the cold, very cold water....then you have to put your snorkling / diving gear on and... more travel advice
If you look close to this picture you can see a playfield behind the little girl. Thats all the kids have to play... more travel advice
- Birthday surprise
- Buy straight from the Mayans
- See All Jungle and nothing more then jungle
- They go on bike or food we went by Van
Umfufu's Related Pages
Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cenotes and visiting the Maya's"
- "A week on the Riviera Maya"
- "Quintana Roo"
- "Quintana Roo and the maya riviera"
- "Mexico Trip"
- "Fly into Cancun and then GET OUT!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Hotels in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Transportation in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Nightlife in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Restaurants in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Shopping in Estado de Quintana Roo
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Quintana Roo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Estado de Quintana Roo
- 70 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Estado de Quintana Roo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Quintana Roo
Photos in Estado de Quintana RooSee All Photos (143)
Top 10 Pages
- Naaldwijk Intro, 89 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Punta Cana Intro, 42 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Normanton Intro, 59 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ciudad del Carmen Intro, 73 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 13 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 37 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Honselersdijk Intro, 3 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Århus Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- Hoofddorp 94 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (118)
Top Estado de Quintana Roo hotels
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Tulum Hotels
- 451 Reviews - 1321 Photos
- Akumal Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Puerto Aventuras Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Isla Cozumel Hotels
- 563 Reviews - 1416 Photos
- Isla Mujeres Hotels
- 208 Reviews - 572 Photos
- Puerto Morelos Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 199 Photos
- San Miguel de Cozumel Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 101 Photos
- Isla Blanca Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Paraiso Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Chetumal Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 71 Photos
- Isla Holbox Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 117 Photos
- Isla Contoy Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 18 Photos