"Welcome to Sharonn's World" sharonn's Profile

Life is Good!

To me honesty is a very important quality - I just loved this cartoon...... Very fitting!

Some people of late have suggested that my picture (on this page) looks like a certain American lady who has shares in a cigar company - may I tell you that I do take all my clothing to the cleaners straight away!!!!

I just loved this comment can you believe this crazy guy?:-

On Hostage-Taking, “[Being taken hostage is] an adventure for the tourist, because the tourist will end up learning about the customs of the tribes as well as their good hospitality.”

-- Abdullah Ahmar, speaker of Yemeni parliament, on the practice of taking foreign visitors hostage

These pages are not intended to be of brochure quality just some personal information and hopefully some times funny stories. I am getting there slowly!! Please bear with me its taking longer than I expected.

Here are a few interesting facts to help ease the digestion of my pages:)-

1. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
2. The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado
3. Hot water is heavier than cold
4. The Bible has been translated into Klingon
5. The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan."
6. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
7. "Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel.
8. Butterflies taste with their feet.
9. Bone is five times stronger than steel.
10. "Bookkeeper" is the only word in the English language with three consecutive Double letters.

Mental note to self and others "must update this page soon"

Q: Where is the one place/country in the world where someone can see the sun rise
on the Atlantic Ocean and set on the Pacific Ocean? How is this possible?

Keep safe on your journey´s and remember it is all about enjoying yourself and having fun... Treat people the way you would like to be treated ..... Sharon

• Intro Updated Aug 29, 2013

Personal Pages (1)

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Welcome!

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Wishing you all the very best for 2014 Sharon! ;-)

• JulieJueletha's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I enjoyed your pages Sharonn! I hope you have happy holidays!

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Merry Christmas Sharonn, hope you have a good one! ;-)

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for accepting ;-)

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Love your cartoon! LOL too funny!

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Hi Sharonn. Language skills? Me?? Haha. Do you mean 'FWIW'? Means 'For What It's Worth', but I guess you know that. Too many Forums, and too many shortened sentences IMHO (In My Humble Opinion). haha. Have a great day. Geoff

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Answer: Nicaragua......or did you mean seeing the sun rising and setting at exactly the same moment?

Let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday nest month.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Very glad you've come "out of hibernation", Sharon. :O) And great home page!

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Like your picture above. My sense of humor. I've been a member since late 2007 and have been involved with all the forums. They do sometimes get crazy. As I mentioned in the post, come on back and add some humor. I am trying to revive the miscellaneous forum with some different types of posts. Do check in periodically and make a comment or two. Check out my Florence, Italy and Paris, France pages under Warnings to get a sense of my type of humor and what I post along with some serious stuff.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
sharonn's Profile Photo

sharonn

“Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army”

Ranked Member