"VALLEY FORGE" Valley Forge by JudyinPA
Valley Forge Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 43 photos
It seemed appropriate for there to be snow on the ground when we visited this renouned park. The name was derived from iron forge built along Valley Creek in the 1740's. The Continental Army, under the leadership of George Washington, had an encampment here in the winter of 1777 - 1778.
- Pros:Great Historic Value
These small deer are everywhere in the park and have little fear of cars and people. This park is surrounded by cities... more travel advice
This dominant feature commemorates the soldiers who wintered at Valley Forge. It can be seen from several locations as... more travel advice
JudyinPA's Related Pages
Valley Forge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Valley Forge was very beautiful. A must for all!!!"
- "VALLEY FORGE"
- "Valley Forge Pennsylvania"
- "ruthmomma's new Valley Forge Page"
- "Valley Forge"
- "Valley Forge, PA"
- "Valley Forge in winter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valley Forge
- Hotels in Valley Forge
- Transportation in Valley Forge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valley Forge
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Valley Forge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley Forge
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Washington State Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zermatt Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gimmelwald Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Canada Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos