"Chocolate Town USA" Hershey by JudyinPA
Hershey Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 258 photos
Although, Hershey is famous for the chocolate candies, the main industry of this small town, we were here to see the Christmas lights the town is known to have during this holiday season. We have always wanted to spend Christmas down on the farm and this was our year for doing that. Not a relative but this family made us feel like we were a part of the yearly celebration. This page is mainly about the wonderful Frank and Carolyn Troxell family who ownes the "Inn at Westwynd Farm" bed and breakfast. It was perfect with snow on the ground and the house decorated with several trees and all kinds of holiday ornaments. Holiday music played in the morning to get us all in the spirit of Christmas as breakfast was served on special Santa dishes filled with cookies and cakes along with several courses to follow. Carolyn was very good at getting us all to join in conversation that lasted most of the morning.
This is a horse farm with 30 horses waiting patiently for someone to come to give them one of the many carrots in the red stocking hanging from their stall door on Christmas Day.
This Bed and Breakfast has donkeys, goats, alpacas and 2 young rescued yellow labs. I always try to find animal people to spend time with in case I just want to talk to them and not chatty people.
- Pros:Made all of us part of the Christmas family
- In a nutshell:More than just the chocolate factory and amusement park
Our room was the only one on the first floor with it's own entrance other than going through the house. There are about... more travel advice
Just stopped here because it is suppose to be the most exclusive hotel in the area. We could see the Christmas Lights in... more travel advice
JudyinPA's Related Pages
Hershey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Celebrating 100 Years of Hershey's"
- "HERSHEY PARK--A Chocolate Lover's Fantasy!"
- "Hershey Park Happy!"
- "A Town of Chocolate"
- "weekends in Hershey"
- "Chocolate Town USA"
- "Kisses from Chocolate Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hershey
- Hotels in Hershey
- Transportation in Hershey
- Nightlife in Hershey
- Restaurants in Hershey
- Shopping in Hershey
- Warnings and Dangers in Hershey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hershey
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Hershey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hershey
Photos in HersheySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Washington State Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zermatt Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gimmelwald Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Canada Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
Latest Hershey hotel reviews
- Hershey Lodge and Convention Center
- 1295 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- White Rose Motel
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- The Hotel Hershey & Spa
- 987 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- The Suites At Hershey
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Best Western Inn Hershey
- 292 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Milton Motel
- 200 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013