"JudyinPA's new Washington Page" Washington State by JudyinPA
Washington State Travel Guide: 7,822 reviews and 21,845 photos
PLEASE DON'T MISS MY TRAVELOGUE!
Mt. Rainier has always fascinated me the four times I have been there. Three times we have stayed at Paradise Lodge and have listened closely to the stories the climbers tell before they start their two day journey to the top. This trip there were six climbers caught in an avalanche just before we got there. All equipment was lost but they managed to stay alive and be rescued. I think Paradise is about at 9,000 feet and as of June 1st there was approximately 4 feet of snow still on the ground and temperatures were in the 80's. Some of the lakes were also frozen and had several inches of snow on top of the ice.
We also got a chance to take a couple ferry rides to the Olympic Peninsula and visit with a friend living in Sequim. Sequim is probably the only place in Washington that does not get much rain and the winters are more on the mild side. That must be why so many residents are retired. It lies in the shadow of the Olympic Mountains and on the Puget Sound. A great place to sit back and look at the snow capped peaks while you fish for salmon or dig for Dungeness Crabs.
I have relatives living north and south of Seattle and always look forward to our visits with them and the different places they take us. Thank you Ken and Renee for your tours.
- Pros:The natural beauty
- Cons:Oh no, it is raining again
The Scuba diver is in the process of feeding the larger fish live small fish. This is such an educational experience for... more travel advice
Sea Otters were the hit this year. They had some new babies and the aquarium was packed with onlookers. more travel advice
JudyinPA's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 17 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
Photos in Washington StateSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 29 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Williamsburg Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Pennsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos, 6 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Washington State Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zermatt Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- California Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gimmelwald Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Canada Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos