"JudyinPA's new Washington Page" Washington State by JudyinPA

Washington State Travel Guide: 7,639 reviews and 20,889 photos

PLEASE DON'T MISS MY TRAVELOGUE!
Mt. Rainier has always fascinated me the four times I have been there. Three times we have stayed at Paradise Lodge and have listened closely to the stories the climbers tell before they start their two day journey to the top. This trip there were six climbers caught in an avalanche just before we got there. All equipment was lost but they managed to stay alive and be rescued. I think Paradise is about at 9,000 feet and as of June 1st there was approximately 4 feet of snow still on the ground and temperatures were in the 80's. Some of the lakes were also frozen and had several inches of snow on top of the ice.

We also got a chance to take a couple ferry rides to the Olympic Peninsula and visit with a friend living in Sequim. Sequim is probably the only place in Washington that does not get much rain and the winters are more on the mild side. That must be why so many residents are retired. It lies in the shadow of the Olympic Mountains and on the Puget Sound. A great place to sit back and look at the snow capped peaks while you fish for salmon or dig for Dungeness Crabs.

I have relatives living north and south of Seattle and always look forward to our visits with them and the different places they take us. Thank you Ken and Renee for your tours.

• Pros:The natural beauty
  • Cons:Oh no, it is raining again
  • Last visit to Washington State: Feb 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2003

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Loved the sea otters. How's your pups? where have you been travelling?

• blue_sky04's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM

I love your bear photos. They look cute. Yes, Mt. Rainier is beautiful and fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 3:28 PM

Great pictures and comments from a VT vet. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO, Judy. Wayne in NJ ( Ferd)

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2004 at 9:56 AM

Great Pictures Judy... thanks for the Washington pictures!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 9:26 PM

I enjoyed reading this page--it brought back memories of my trip to Washington many years ago. I stayed in the Paradise Lodge too.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2003 at 8:51 PM

FANTASTIC AREA and great page! Amazing pics in travelogue! I can't wait to go there :-) UPDATE: I was there and it was a BLAST!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2003 at 2:05 AM

I love sea otters!! Great page!!!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2003 at 1:04 PM

Mt. Ranier is truly an awesome sight. I like the otters.

• Mar 3, 2003 at 2:17 PM

Great page! Hope to go there some day!

• joefred28's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2003 at 9:27 AM

While it is much nicer to feel the caressing waves, there is something mesmerising about the rolling surf.

JudyinPA

“Travel to learn the world”

Badges & Stats in Washington State

Have you been to Washington State?

Latest Activity in Washington State