"Nara - town of temples!" Nara by Maline
Nara Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 49 photos
Nara is situated quite close to Kyoto and Osaka. There are so many things to see in Nara, and its history as a town dates back to the 6th century!
Back in 1992 I visited Nara together with my Japanese host family. In 2004 we went back to Nara. This time we rented bikes and this was an excellent idea. WE got around quite fast and comfortably. Maybe I will put up some more pics here soon ... There are so many pages to build.
Alongside the Nara pages here on VT, I can strongly recommend this site for a virtual visit to this city of temples:
In the meantime, enjoy the pic of the five-storey pagoda that is also the symbol of Nara prefecture.
- Pros:Very manageable sized town, lots of history AND good shopping!
- Cons:Nope. Nothing negative to say actually.
Maline's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Watch Out......Its Deer"
- "Nara --- Somewhere in TIME"
- "Nara - town of temples!"
- "HIROKO333's new Nara Page"
- "swissgabe's new Nara Page"
- "leonnox's new Nara Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Photos in NaraSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 51 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- India Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Motala Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues