"Pécs - Hungary" Pecs by Maline
Pecs Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 792 photos
The City of Pécs is located in the southern part of Hungary, just below the Mecsek hills.
This is the place in Hungary where I have been most times - I think four or five by now.
The city is the fifth in terms of population size, but the city center feels like a smaller town.
Lots of great architecture - different architecture - has gives me the impression of a progressive city.
The Pecs climate is said to be mediterranean, and one thing you shouldnt miss are the fruits and vegetables. go for locally grown peaches and water melons especially.
As for the history, the city was founded by the celts, but historical remnants today are mostly roman. Like a roman bath. The wall around the city is also worth mentioning.
Pécs is definitely a beautiful city.
In the pic: the cathedral in Pécs, where I once by mistake was given Catholic communion and had a week of the best of luck afterwards.
- Pros:Beautiful, picturesque, nice climate in summer
- Cons:Nope, can't think of anything
- In a nutshell:I think you'll love it!
Take a trip to the Mecsek mountains and visit the TV Torony (litt. Television tower). Luscious green hills beautiful... more travel advice
Maline's Related Pages
Pecs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "city at foot of Mecsek hill and Baranya capital"
- "A true, historic, European city!"
- " Pécs, my beautiful home town "
- "The Turkish South"
- "Pécs European Capital of Culture 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pecs
- Hotels in Pecs
- Transportation in Pecs
- Nightlife in Pecs
- Restaurants in Pecs
- Shopping in Pecs
- Warnings and Dangers in Pecs
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint Croix Hotels
- Guerrero Negro
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Hotels
- Province of Palawan
- Isla de Lanzarote
- Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Waskaduwa Hotels
- Kabul Hotels
- Little London Hotels
- Palm Springs
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Vester Hæsinge Hotels
Badges & Stats in Pecs
- 9 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pecs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pecs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 51 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- India Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Motala Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues