Japan Packing List Tips by Maline
Japan What to Pack: 63 reviews and 37 photos
Miscellaneous: Do bring a little hand book/charts of the syllabaries of Katakana and Hiragana. That way you can do a bit of studying, and if you need to, it'll help you read some signs. And a regular travel dictionary is of course always handy. See also my Tokyo page..!
In the picture are the names Katakana (top) and Hiragana(under) written in their respective syllabaries by me :-)
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you are western, chances are high that clothes and shoes for sale in Japan will be on the small side. I am a European 38, but if you are bigger, then don't count on finding a lot of clothes in Japan.
Umbrellas are for sale everywhere in Japan, and there are quite reasonably priced.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Japan is a country abundant in pharmacies, so if you are in need of medical off the counter supplies or toiletries you needn't worry. However, do bear in mind that the knowledge of English in Japan is pretty rudimentary, and explaining what items you need can be hard if you don't speak Japanese!
Photo Equipment: This is of course for sale in Japan. But as with all electronic equipment, be careful if buying since standards often differ between countries .
Miscellaneous: A small portable radio and a mini flashlight can be good to bring in case you should be the victim of an earthquake. See my warnings and dangers tips for more info on natural hazards.
More Reviews (49)
- See All Kimono (litt. things to wear)
- The Gion corner
- See All 40 year old still going strong
- Visit a baseball game
- See All Onjuku- very much off the beaten track!
- See All Planning ahead - helpful places
Maline's Related Pages
Japan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN"
- "Japan has, what you've never experienced"
- "Nihon sugoi desu! (Japan is wonderful!)"
- "High Culture & Modernity"
- "Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...."
- "Paul's Journey Through Japan"
- "Tadaima!! (I came back!!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Japan
- Hotels in Japan
- Transportation in Japan
- Nightlife in Japan
- Restaurants in Japan
- Shopping in Japan
- Warnings and Dangers in Japan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Japan
- 63 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Japan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 51 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- India Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Motala Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues