"Motala equals water" Motala by Maline
Motala Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 46 photos
Motala is a smaller town in the westerns part of Östergötland in southern/middle Sweden.
The town has some 30 000 inhabitants and the whole county of Motala has about 42 000.
Motala had in old days one of only two radio towers in Sweden, hence old radio broacasts in Sweden always started with the words "Stockholm-Motala."
Nowadays Motala boasts a radio museum, the best inland lake beaches in Sweden, a flight of locks that connect the channel Göta Kanal with lake Vättern, and a charming setting on the Östergötland plains.
And just a 20 minute drive outside town is the monastery Vadstena with a 700 year old history.
The most elaborate of the Swedish rune stones as well as the most mysterious. The Rök stone is situated in Rök village,... more travel advice
A platform from which to bathe is located just by the water. The hillside steeps down to the shore. more travel advice
Maline's Related Pages
Motala Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Motala
- 16 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Motala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Motala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 51 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- India Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Motala Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues