"Örebro" Top 5 Page for this destination Örebro by Maline

Örebro Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 206 photos

ýrebro lies southwest of Stockholm in the county called Nýrke. It has a couple of nice features, like an old castle in the town centre and an older part called Wadkýping with really nice wooden architecture and an atmosphere of the days of yorn...

The town also has a university and quite a few stores and some malls. In my opinion, it isn't worth making a detour for (sorry Tourist office in ?rebro), but if you pass by it, you may need some info on what to do and see.

Even though I have boldly stated that it is not worth the detour, ýrebro still is a lovely town, especially in summer. A river called Svartýn (the black river) runs through the city centre, and the castle is surrounded by water. Some nice churches can also be found right in the town centre. Wadkýping, with wooden houses and some handicraft businesses, cafes and shops is also great in summer...
However, like so many towns in Sweden, most of the architecture in the centre was torn down during the 60's and 70's to make space for huge concrete buildings and parking lots. Then, this was seen as futuristic, now it just gets you depressed. Striking to me are the two really tall housing complexes that rise above one of the malls in the centre. That is some really weird city planning if you ask me!

Sorry I dont have any photos yet, I don't have a digital camera, so I scan all of my pics, and I havne't had access to a scanner for some time now!!

• Pros:It's cute, not too small or big
  • Cons:It isn't really that special
  • In a nutshell:Make a stop if you're headed that way!
  • Last visit to Örebro: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2003

• israelsson2007's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 3:13 AM

Lovely and interesting page. Thanks for sharing. Hälsning Eva.

• jide08's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 3:41 AM

Very interesting tips. A shame you don't have any photo.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2003 at 2:10 PM

Sounds interesting, I never heard about this place but I will try to remember to stop over in case I’m passing near by.

Maline