"Örebro" Top 5 Page for this destination Örebro by Maline
Örebro Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 142 photos
ýrebro lies southwest of Stockholm in the county called Nýrke. It has a couple of nice features, like an old castle in the town centre and an older part called Wadkýping with really nice wooden architecture and an atmosphere of the days of yorn...
The town also has a university and quite a few stores and some malls. In my opinion, it isn't worth making a detour for (sorry Tourist office in ?rebro), but if you pass by it, you may need some info on what to do and see.
Even though I have boldly stated that it is not worth the detour, ýrebro still is a lovely town, especially in summer. A river called Svartýn (the black river) runs through the city centre, and the castle is surrounded by water. Some nice churches can also be found right in the town centre. Wadkýping, with wooden houses and some handicraft businesses, cafes and shops is also great in summer...
However, like so many towns in Sweden, most of the architecture in the centre was torn down during the 60's and 70's to make space for huge concrete buildings and parking lots. Then, this was seen as futuristic, now it just gets you depressed. Striking to me are the two really tall housing complexes that rise above one of the malls in the centre. That is some really weird city planning if you ask me!
Sorry I dont have any photos yet, I don't have a digital camera, so I scan all of my pics, and I havne't had access to a scanner for some time now!!
- Pros:It's cute, not too small or big
- Cons:It isn't really that special
- In a nutshell:Make a stop if you're headed that way!
Gustavsvik is the name of a bath-complex located a few minutes south of Örebro center. It has long been a favourite of... more travel advice
The "wooden village" of Wadköping is set right in the middle of Örebro town. Wooden houses surroung the cobblestone... more travel advice
Maline's Related Pages
Örebro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Örebro Castle and the Open Air Museum : Wadköping"
- "A nice town in the heart of Sweden"
- "Sweden, the freedom to be outside"
- "Nobbe's new Örebro page"
- "10110's new Orebro Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Örebro
- Hotels in Örebro
- Transportation in Örebro
- Restaurants in Örebro
- Shopping in Örebro
- Warnings and Dangers in Örebro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Örebro
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Örebro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Örebro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 51 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- India Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Motala Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues