"Bold and beautiful, ever changing yet eternal!" Paris by Maline
Paris Travel Guide: 22,165 reviews and 53,882 photos
Paris. City of cities. A place of enormous beauty , grand but manageable.
A place to discover and rediscover again and again.
Welcome to my glimpse of Paris. I have been to this city many many times, and lived here for a short time of 7 months. Even though Paris is most famous for all its historical landmarks, this isn't a city that rests on its historical butt and sleeps away. It changes and evolves constantly. Boldness and creativity, side by side with tradition and conservativism. Even though many of the today so famous and seemingly unchangeable landmarks were great news and quite shocking at their time of construction.
The tour Eiffel, for example, was supposed to be taken down after the World exibition a hundred plus years ago, but then it was so convenient for radio broadcasting and anyway, it stayed.
Examples of modern changes in this timeless city is for example the Louvre pyramid entrance and the la Défense area. Futuristic, bold, very Paris to me.
Or Paris plage for that matter. What other city would create a beach for a few months every summer and get away with it? and its so narrow too...
Thank you, the people who are in power in Paris, for not resting but rather working to constantly develop this beautiful city. Better to try your wings than never have flown!
There is beauty everywhere. Paris is amazing in the sense that you can actually take the Métro anywhere in the city and when you get out into the streets it is always beautiful!!
I strongly recommend this: just taking the Métro or the buses randomly, and see for yourself! This is the best way to discover the beauty of Paris!
Welcome to my view of Paris! A hint; it will take you down the sewers!
Have a look out over the rooftops of Paris. In every direction are famous landmarks that stick up like islands in a sea of chimneys. The special light of this city is also very visible in this picture from november 2004.
Ev´ry time I look down
on this timeless town,
Whether blue or gray be her skies,
Whether loud be her cheers or
Whether soft be her tears,
More and more do I realize....
I love Paris in the springtime
I love Paris in the fall
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles
I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles
- Pros:A complete city.
- Cons:Too many tourists esp. in summer
- In a nutshell:See Paris in spring or early fall!
Maline's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 30 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "RE: Have you heard a japanese..."
- Commented on one of raphaellecrevet's Paris travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "For the Sweet toothed people"
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Bold and beautiful, ever changing yet eternal!"
- Wrote a Review The best street food so far! in Paris Restaurants
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 51 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uppsala Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos
- India Intro, 23 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Motala Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Atria Novotel Paris Charenton
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Timhotel Gare du Nord
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Relais De Paris Gare De Lyon
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Passage Dubail
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Hotel Helder Opera Paris
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Hotel le Petit Paris
- 524 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Renaissance Paris Hotel La Defense
- 278 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Les Jardins du Marais
- 476 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hotel Antin Trinite
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Libertel Bellechasse Paris Grande Tradition
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Ibis Paris Gare du Nord Chateau Landon
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Prince De Galles Paris Champs Elysees
- 240 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hotel Kleber
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Inter Hotel London Paris
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 5, 2013